My Nephew got his orders today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Nephew got his orders today.....

After he's done with his class for his MOS (sometime in October) he'll go up to New York for a week or so and then he's off to Afghanistan................ can someone please tell me why we're still fighting over there

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Because the Commander-in-Chief (W Bush) said so and the current Commander-in-Chief (you-know-who) has not yet pulled us out.

It's an all-volunteer Army. He knew exactly what he was getting into. Be proud of him. He cares enough about something to stand up for it. Got much extended family in the service myself, two in theatre right now. Thoughts are with you.

ps I don't support war but I do support my family and their choices.
    Evergreen City
    Corps Den Mother
    Last edited by Evergreen City; 08-13-2013, 12:39 AM. Reason: ps

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

don't get me wrong i do support him and am so very proud of him, but that doesn't mean i have to like it

it's way past time we said f@ck that place (and the other one as well) and get out

sidenote: sorry if this is a little too Qward MODs

IonFan says

Comment

America are still there because they're trying to look like the good guys who can sort out any mess when they can't.
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_vacuum

Comment

War is good for profit. That's why your nephew gets sent to Afghanistan. Plain and simple.

Comment

It goes back at least as far as the Cold War.
              Simplified (because I'm not familiar with the details), the USSR and the USA were fighting for footholds all over the middle east and supplying equipment to various local factions.
              Since the end of the cold war, these factions have grown in power and independence and are showing favourable support to 'powers' which the west deem undesirable, e.g. Iran and/or the continuing power struggles between factions employed by both sides during the cold war is threatening economic interests (mainly oil, but also mineral wealth and Israel*)

The USA are still there, partly out of a sense of responsibility for equipping the various factions and destabilising the power structure in these countries, but also in an effort to carve out contracts for mineral wealth once the region is stable (just look at the how the oil contracts were distributed in Iraq)

Good luck to your nephew Ionfan. At his best, he's got the potential to be an ambassador for all the best humanitarian qualities the west has to offer.

*a whole different subject and certainly one for Qward
              Minimum space distance:
              a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
              ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

My cousin is a Marine and was deployed to Afghanistan. He got back fine.

Comment

thanks everyone, if the MODs leave this up til he leaves i'll post pics of his going away party (that i know will have) here

IonFan says

Comment

Good luck to your nephew. Try not to mix your feelings of wondering why Afghanistan is going on, with how you feel towards your nephew. You have to separate the two, or his time away is going to eat you up. Just hoping he's safe, and knowing he's doing what he think is right should be what's in your mind.

The politics are an entirely different matter that you can't control. Have your opinions about them, but don't let them eat away at you. It won't lead to anything good.

Take care, man.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Good luck for you and your nephew, I wish you both the best.

Comment

Hope your nephew gets back in one piece Ion

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
                        Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

Hope he comes back alright, and with good stories.

Comment

GOOD NEWS PEOPLE

little man is coming back home this weekend (before he gets shipped to that h@llhole )

i've been tasked with making cupcakes for the party we're having (so by the time i see my girl i'll get them right for sure )

IonFan says

Comment

Awesome, always good news when a family member in any service gets to visit home.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X