replied
    Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post

Leave a comment:

• Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color

• Mister Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Funny, I'm very much a completist but this doesn't bother me at all. I got the Bond 50 years set and I got the Fast and Furious 5 set and the recent Chucky collection. When I get the next movies, they'll just go next to them. That's not a big deal at all. I'd rather get the movies cheaper in a box set I have to add to than insist on getting them individual or not buy a movie series I want until it's announced they are done just for some principle of "that's not a truely complete box set."

Now, if it's a known quantity (like the Harry Potter movies), where you know exactly how many movies will be made and when they are done, that's different, but for ongoing series? Why not.
    Maybe it's just because I'm not too big on box sets to begin with. It just seems lame to have a "Ultimate whatever, blah, blah, blah" set, then have a movie or two tacked on afterwards. I often find that box sets don't actually seem to save all that much money over individual movies, especially when they add all sorts of bells and whistles to it because it is "Ultimate". I mean, they are usually cheaper than buying the individual movies when they come out, but by the time they make the collection, many of the individual movies can already be found for mighty cheap in most cases.

The Adamantium collection pictures above is a case in point. Its list price is $200. Even the discounted price is $130. I'd bet you could get the individual movies in Blu-Ray format for less than that nowadays. So for me the only real reason to get it at all would be the advantage of having the cool packaging to store the entire series in, which is somewhat negated if they then add a couple more movies that don't fit.
    Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color
    Last edited by Mister Ed; 12-04-2013, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fearless
    Agent Orange

• Fearless
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    Well it is nice that they leave a spot for that, but how certain are we that will be the last X-Men movie? I generally avoid getting "Ultimate Collection" stuff unless a.) I am certain that it really is complete, or b.) it doesn't pretend to be "complete" but collects a discrete chunk of a certain series, like the original Star Wars Trilogy...
    Funny, I'm very much a completist but this doesn't bother me at all. I got the Bond 50 years set and I got the Fast and Furious 5 set and the recent Chucky collection. When I get the next movies, they'll just go next to them. That's not a big deal at all. I'd rather get the movies cheaper in a box set I have to add to than insist on getting them individual or not buy a movie series I want until it's announced they are done just for some principle of "that's not a truely complete box set."

Now, if it's a known quantity (like the Harry Potter movies), where you know exactly how many movies will be made and when they are done, that's different, but for ongoing series? Why not.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 12-04-2013, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    um why does Darth "Doom" have a Ironman palm laser?

Leave a comment:

• Tazer
    That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

• Tazer
    replied
    Yo.

Originally posted by DOOM View Post
    "if only this could be true...." is wat I imagine he wishes every nite.....

Tazer

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    Guardian of the Universe

• Jeff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tazer

• Tazer
    replied
    Yo.

......but now ya know, and knowing is 1/2 the battle!!

Tazer

Leave a comment:

• Darth_Primus
    Guardian of the Universe

• Darth_Primus
    replied
    Originally posted by Tazer View Post
    Yo.

its the Kardashian Family Xmas card foto for 2013; no bullshit.

Tazer
    I'm so glad that I did not know that.

Leave a comment:

• Tazer

• Tazer
    replied
    Yo.

What the heck is that?
    Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
    ditto

its the Kardashian Family Xmas card foto for 2013; no bullshit.

Tazer

Leave a comment:

• Darth_Primus
    Guardian of the Universe

• Darth_Primus
    replied
    What the heck is that?
    ditto

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man