• Show
Clear All
    Tazer
    That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

• Tazer
    replied
    Yo.

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
    You must have hit the right shows. Before I lost my affinity for autograph collecting, I used to do a lot of CSA shows (a mix of celebs and sports stars) and $50 was about the best price a person could expect. On the other end of the spectrum were guys like Jim Brown, who charged $300....yes $300.
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Well, it's been 2 years since I was there (it's a horror con in the Philadelphia area), but I doubt the prices are up that much. The most "outrageous" thing to me was that Roddy Piper charged extra for a photo with him. No one else at the these cons (including Robert "Freddy" Englund, George Romero, or Malcolm McDowell) did that. He seemed nice himself, though.
    Yeah, iirc $30 is the most I've ever spent on a single autograph and I probably have more than 50. The cheapest (besides a couple guys who said "no charge" for just signing my DVD covers) was $10 (all within the last 6 years or so). The average was probably $20 (including guys like Tony "Candyman" Todd and Doug "Pinhead" Bradley).
    If I were at a con where $50 was the cheap autograph, I'd get very picky suddenly (only my favorite movies).
    Maybe horror cons are cheaper. G-Fest is even better. There, you buy a $5 ticket to get all of the guests (usually 3 or 4) to sign up to 3 items each. That's because (obviously) it's an arrangement between the con and the guest stars (I was at a Trek con that did a similar thing).
    .........Im guess U guys havent been to a con where Nimoy, West or Shatner were in attendence, cuz *none* of their autographs come in under -$50 (West might be the cheapest of the 3 tho.)

Tazer

Leave a comment:

• Fearless
    Agent Orange

• Fearless
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The_Mad_Dragon
    Captain Pervert

• The_Mad_Dragon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
    You must have hit the right shows. Before I lost my affinity for autograph collecting, I used to do a lot of CSA shows (a mix of celebs and sports stars) and $50 was about the best price a person could expect. On the other end of the spectrum were guys like Jim Brown, who charged $300....yes $300.
    Well, it's been 2 years since I was there (it's a horror con in the Philadelphia area), but I doubt the prices are up that much. The most "outrageous" thing to me was that Roddy Piper charged extra for a photo with him. No one else at the these cons (including Robert "Freddy" Englund, George Romero, or Malcolm McDowell) did that. He seemed nice himself, though.
    Yeah, iirc $30 is the most I've ever spent on a single autograph and I probably have more than 50. The cheapest (besides a couple guys who said "no charge" for just signing my DVD covers) was $10 (all within the last 6 years or so). The average was probably $20 (including guys like Tony "Candyman" Todd and Doug "Pinhead" Bradley).
    If I were at a con where $50 was the cheap autograph, I'd get very picky suddenly (only my favorite movies).
    Maybe horror cons are cheaper. G-Fest is even better. There, you buy a $5 ticket to get all of the guests (usually 3 or 4) to sign up to 3 items each. That's because (obviously) it's an arrangement between the con and the guest stars (I was at a Trek con that did a similar thing).
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 12-13-2013, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Lantern
    Corps Honor Guard

• Big Blue Lantern
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Depends on the con. I go to a lot of horror conventions and the majority of those actors (even names like Eric Roberts) charged $20. The high end ones (like Romero or Roddy Piper) charged $30.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    Guardian of the Universe

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
    The tumbling is everywhere
    We must, as loyal Tumblrs, spread it to the far reaches of the universe. It is a brother/sisterhood.

Our current King:

WHEN IN DOUBT, LOKI.

Leave a comment:

• The_Mad_Dragon
    Captain Pervert

• The_Mad_Dragon
    replied
    The tumbling is everywhere

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    Guardian of the Universe

• Jeff
    replied
    Tag Team, MD.

Leave a comment:

• The_Mad_Dragon
    Captain Pervert

• The_Mad_Dragon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lantern A-train
    Guardian of the Universe

• Lantern A-train
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyV
    Pictionary Master

• JohnnyV
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    That's the next part of A-Train's tradition. He subtly influences the kids' Uncles to murder the fathers and exile the kids, then goes out later and finds the kids, hits them in the head with a stick, and babbles cryptically at them until they go home and "take care" of their Uncle.

That's right, Rafiki is really the puppetmaster driving the entire plot of the movie...
    Wow, you managed to snag that quote before I realized the metaphor didn't work and edited it. Speedy!
    Ditto to you. I deleted that post sometime before I saw your reply (it didn't seem as funny as I first thought).

Leave a comment:

• Fearless
    Agent Orange

• Fearless
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lantern A-train
    Guardian of the Universe

• Lantern A-train
    replied
    That's the next part of A-Train's tradition. He subtly influences the kids' Uncles to murder the fathers and exile the kids, then goes out later and finds the kids, hits them in the head with a stick, and babbles cryptically at them until they go home and "take care" of their Uncle.

That's right, Rafiki is really the puppetmaster driving the entire plot of the movie...
    Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
    Tazer; that cackling, perpetually-hungry fool is always hanging around with our boy A-Train.

Leave a comment:

• Tazer
    That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

• Tazer
    replied
    Yo.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
    Tazer; that cackling, perpetually-hungry fool is always hanging around with our boy A-Train.

Tazer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X