No announcement yet.

The Picture Thread vol. 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
        Oh, that's fantastic! Let me know how that goes!
        Tried twice to print it out this morning, failed twice. The picture wasn't scaling to the page properly, and so the panels had entire portions excised from their outer sides. On top of that, my printer has an expired ink cartridge, which may or may not by what's making the brown coffee turn green (and I just changed out a different cartridge very recently, damn it).

I just now got it to scale properly by un-selecting the option to fit the image to page, which is what caused it to print too big for its britches when paired with a full-scale portrait setting. Hopefully switching out the ink with a fresh one will fix the color issue, because my other boss thinks it could be an effect of the ink being in use/exposed to air since it's opened and all, no longer sealed.

I'll take it in to work tomorrow.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
          Tried twice to print it out this morning, failed twice. The picture wasn't scaling to the page properly, and so the panels had entire portions excised from their outer sides. On top of that, my printer has an expired ink cartridge, which may or may not by what's making the brown coffee turn green (and I just changed out a different cartridge very recently, damn it).

I just now got it to scale properly by un-selecting the option to fit the image to page, which is what caused it to print too big for its britches when paired with a full-scale portrait setting. Hopefully switching out the ink with a fresh one will fix the color issue, because my other boss thinks it could be an effect of the ink being in use/exposed to air since it's opened and all, no longer sealed.

Comment

• I dedicate this next post to Jeff, because /obviously/...

Comment

• ^OH.
              MY.
              CORG.

Cheryl is the best.

This post is 124,526% awesome. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                As a collector, this totes makes sense to me. big case of the lols.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  ^OH.
                  MY.
                  CORG.

Cheryl is the best.

This post is 124,526% awesome. lol
                  I know! My girlfriend tagged me in the album on Facebook and I was /DYING/. I love Kim and Sharon, but Cheryl is pretty doggone great.

Comment

Did so, one cook found it pretty funny, another chuckled a bit at it, but the chef was a little unnerved by it (to be fair, it is pretty creepy). Had to take it out of the building once my shift was over, because it was just loaded enough to not be SFW. The chef did admit he kind of found it strangely amusing, but not half as good as a recent Dilbert strip I brought in.

I took the coffee pic to my comic shop. Manager was surprised but fairly positive about it, but the new clerk thought it was hilarious.
                    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• ^I don't know if it's just in "my world" nor whether it would affect the joke, but I find referring to coffee as Joe a bit outdated. Almost all references I come across it are someone trying to be kitschy (like a guy named Joe opening a cafe). I can't think of a single family member, friend, or (former) coworker who would actually say "I'm going to get a cup of Joe" unless they were trying to be clever and listing synonyms for a common word or something. I think they'd almost all be aware of the term, but not in a sense much beyond my being aware that "two bits" is 25 cents.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

Did so, one cook found it pretty funny, another chuckled a bit at it, but the chef was a little unnerved by it (to be fair, it is pretty creepy). Had to take it out of the building once my shift was over, because it was just loaded enough to not be SFW. The chef did admit he kind of found it strangely amusing, but not half as good as a recent Dilbert strip I brought in.

I took the coffee pic to my comic shop. Manager was surprised but fairly positive about it, but the new clerk thought it was hilarious.
                          So, mostly positive reviews? That's good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                            I at one time had a huge collection of Mint, In Box Star Wars toys, Originals I had spent years searching for and collecting .. then we had kids .. now everything is open, boxes destroyed and toys scattered everywhere .. The pain of this picture is real but the fun had was worth it !^_^!

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                                I at one time had a huge collection of Mint, In Box Star Wars toys, Originals I had spent years searching for and collecting .. then we had kids .. now everything is open, boxes destroyed and toys scattered everywhere .. The pain of this picture is real but the fun had was worth it !^_^!
                                My feeling is that unless you know you wanted to sell it or it looks much better in box (my Simpson figs), free your collectibles. They're meant to be displayed and played, not trapped in little paper/plastic prisons. I love that I can rearrange, pose, pickup my DC Direct stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X