• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm dedicating the following picture to both Space Cop and Mr. Ed:

The Power of Friendship
    Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man
    Last edited by Agent Purple; 09-25-2021, 12:29 AM. Reason: Friendship too powerful, requires nerf to satisfy players
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Well that seemed a bit hostile.
      And it doesn't even have the merit of actually being funny to cushion the blow.
      Ah, well.

Comment

• Not the least bit amusing, at all?

Well I had hoped otherwise, but it seems I missed the mark. (I don't commission any drawings, FYI, I just see his stuff periodically).

Comment

• Maybe Space Cop will feel differently, but nah, I didn't think it was funny. And I don't think it's just because it's anti-religious. I feel like I'm generally able to laugh at stuff that pokes fun at religion. Maybe it's just more mean-spirited than I usually prefer in humor?

Comment

• I personally felt that the humor was in how absurdly over-the-top the power of friendship was but I will admit the blood was a bit much. Maybe no blood but a defeated God, setting up a potential sequel where God has to team up with Jesus?

Little late now for speculation, die is cast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Maybe Space Cop will feel differently, but nah, I didn't think it was funny. And I don't think it's just because it's anti-religious. I feel like I'm generally able to laugh at stuff that pokes fun at religion. Maybe it's just more mean-spirited than I usually prefer in humor?
              Well, I didn’t find it particularly funny, but I’d say I only find about half of that series funny. Mean-spirited? Maybe.

It’s a little hard for me to say now because I saw your comments before I saw the cartoon. I guess I took it like Agent said. I doubt the artist believes in any particular god or intended to attack a particular one. I think it was more an over-the-top-look-how-crazy-this-comparison-is thing.

Comment

• If anybody thought the last image was upsetting, oh boy, do I have bad news for you:

Mom's Spaghetti is officially open

Comment

• I'm so unhip. I had to do a search and read a couple articles to get that reference at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    I'm so unhip. I had to do a search and read a couple articles to get that reference at all.
                    I guess I'm even worse because I just assumed it was a disgruntled employee and moved on. Now, I'm no rap fan (quite the opposite), but I feel like I know what Eminem looks like enough (I watched the movie anyway) and I didn't recognize him between the hoodie, the beard, and most of his face being covered. I guess now that I know I see it.

Comment

• Sign at a restaurant

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Ha. That's pretty good.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Zombie attack! (big pic)

Comment

• Cover of Time magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X