Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the F'n DUMBASS thread.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I only saw it for like two minutes (in passing as someone else was watching it) because I knew I couldn't take it, but it's interesting that most of the recap today is just about what a mess it was not about who won.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      I only saw it for like two minutes (in passing as someone else was watching it) because I knew I couldn't take it, but it's interesting that most of the recap today is just about what a mess it was not about who won.
      It almost seems meaningless to try to decide who "won", as there was very little serious discussion of any issues. After this, I'm not inclined to watch any of the other Presidential debates. I'll just read about them afterward, I guess, and then more out of morbid curiosity about how many false, unsubstantiated and/or misleading statements of fact get made. I have a bit more hope that the Vice Presidential debate will at least be less chaotic, but I'm not sure I'll want to watch it anyway.

      Comment


      • I already knew i was voting for trump before the debate but god damn it was like watching rick grimes '' trump '' pounding on a walker " biden ''. Chris Wallace was terrible and imo the next 2 debates should go to the joe roegan show since thats neutral liberterian territory
        .................................................. ..........................

        Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          I already knew i was voting for trump before the debate but god damn it was like watching rick grimes '' trump '' pounding on a walker " biden ''.
          Are you saying you thought Trump did really well in the debate (a view I cannot fathom), or are you acknowledging that he was out of control, ignoring the debate format to just try to talk over everybody else?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Are you saying you thought Trump did really well in the debate (a view I cannot fathom), or are you acknowledging that he was out of control, ignoring the debate format to just try to talk over everybody else?
            Honestly at first i thought it was ok because he hit on some very good points but then trump got very child like throwing a tantrum it was like watching 2 old men having a senior moment. This didnt feel like a debate at all. Im looking forward to pence vs harris at least there we will get a legitimate debate. I wasnt always a republican i switched after Minnesota went up in flames. I did it for me because i realized i cant change peoples minds and i just cant back biden he dosent click with me. I dont see him as dominant or intimidating when he needs to be
            TazzMission
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by TazzMission; 09-30-2020, 05:42 PM.
            .................................................. ..........................

            Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
              Honestly at first i thought it was ok but then trump got very child like throwing a tantrum. This didnt feel like a debate at all
              Then we agree. To be honest, nobody involved in that debate covered themselves in glory, but Trump seemed especially chaotic to me.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Then we agree. To be honest, nobody involved in that debate covered themselves in glory, but Trump seemed especially chaotic to me.
                Both were chaotic. One thing about me is im very in the middle because we all still have to live amongst eachother tomorrow. I actually feel sorry for biden because he dosent seem healthy mentally. Its just crazy to see the democrat party has no other alternative canidate
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 09-30-2020, 05:46 PM.
                .................................................. ..........................

                Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                  Both were chaotic. One thing about me is im very in the middle because we all still have to live amongst eachother tomorrow. I actually feel sorry for biden because he dosent seem healthy mentally. Its just crazy to see the democrat party has no other alternative canidate
                  Trump interrupted more than three times the amount Biden did, so most of the chaos was coming from him (though Biden certainly DID interrupt several times, so he was a part of the problem as well).

                  I'm not sure where you get the "unhealthy mentally" idea, other than from Trump talking points and childish put downs. He certainly didn't seem so during the debate. Frankly, Trump's obvious narcissism seems like a more serious mental issue than anything Biden has displayed, especially in a leader.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    Trump interrupted more than three times the amount Biden did, so most of the chaos was coming from him (though Biden certainly DID interrupt several times, so he was a part of the problem as well).

                    I'm not sure where you get the "unhealthy mentally" idea, other than from Trump talking points and childish put downs. He certainly didn't seem so during the debate. Frankly, Trump's obvious narcissism seems like a more serious mental issue than anything Biden has displayed, especially in a leader.
                    Im refering to his overall health even before the debate. Im not a doctor or trying to diagnose him or be funny but he reminds me of someone with dementia. Theres also talk of not having 2 more presidential debates. Im not sure how that benefits anyone but thats the current rumor
                    .................................................. ..........................

                    Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      Im refering to his overall health even before the debate. Im not a doctor or trying to diagnose him or be funny but he reminds me of someone with dementia. Theres also talk of not having 2 more presidential debates. Im not sure how that benefits anyone but thats the current rumor
                      Well, I feel like, if they can't come up with a solution to make the debates less dysfunctional, then having more doesn't seem a whole lot more beneficial than not having more. Of course, if they do go that route, Trump will just paint it as "the fakenews media" trying to shut him down, while Biden will lean into blaming Trump for it, so it won't exactly do anything to improve the tone of the campaign.

                      About the only thing I think would work to make them stick to the debate format would be to put the candidates in separate rooms (so they can't be picked up by each other's mics and don't have to listen to the other's attempted interruptions) and turn off the mic of whoever isn't supposed to be speaking at the moment. But I doubt the candidates would agree to that (I'm certain Trump wouldn't).

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        Well, I feel like, if they can't come up with a solution to make the debates less dysfunctional, then having more doesn't seem a whole lot more beneficial than not having more. Of course, if they do go that route, Trump will just paint it as "the fakenews media" trying to shut him down, while Biden will lean into blaming Trump for it, so it won't exactly do anything to improve the tone of the campaign.

                        About the only thing I think would work to make them stick to the debate format would be to put the candidates in separate rooms (so they can't be picked up by each other's mics and don't have to listen to the other's attempted interruptions) and turn off the mic of whoever isn't supposed to be speaking at the moment. But I doubt the candidates would agree to that (I'm certain Trump wouldn't).
                        Or just have them box eachother in a ring. Winner becomes president. Itll be bigger than tyson vs jones lol
                        .................................................. ..........................

                        Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          ...About the only thing I think would work to make them stick to the debate format would be to put the candidates in separate rooms (so they can't be picked up by each other's mics and don't have to listen to the other's attempted interruptions) and turn off the mic of whoever isn't supposed to be speaking at the moment. But I doubt the candidates would agree to that (I'm certain Trump wouldn't).
                          Apparently, the debate commission is promising changes and that's a proposed one.

                          Comment


                          • From Biden's perspective, he should refuse to debate Trump again. He's ahead in the polls, and on Tuesday night Trump blew his chance to catch up. Biden should stop debating while he's ahead, and before he has a senior moment on live television.
                            The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                              From Biden's perspective, he should refuse to debate Trump again. He's ahead in the polls, and on Tuesday night Trump blew his chance to catch up. Biden should stop debating while he's ahead, and before he has a senior moment on live television.
                              Eh imo anyone who refuses to debate regardless of party should be disqualified because debating and talking is the job. Politics is ugly for anyone involved. Also when i state a opinion its my own it dosent involve anyone from my party nor should what i say reflect on them. I wanted to just put that out there because i hate lumping everyone as one
                              TazzMission
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by TazzMission; 10-01-2020, 03:11 PM.
                              .................................................. ..........................

                              Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                They are proposing cutting the mics, but in my opinion that won't help much unless they are physically separated, because if they are on the same stage any interruptions will still be picked up, to some degree, by the other person's mic (and even if they aren't, the other participant will still be able to hear them, there on the same stage, which could well lead to responding, on mic, to stuff that the audience can't hear very well, or at the very least to them being distracted from what they are trying to say by the interruptions coming from across the stage).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X