the F'n DUMBASS thread.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    I'm not seriously advancing this idea, because I'm skeptical of conspiracy theories as a general rule, but it occurred to me that if Trump was disinclined to participate in further debates, this would be a convenient excuse, and would have the added bonus of showing how tough he is (and/or demonstrating that COVID isn't that big a threat) if he has no visible effects despite being in a high risk group.
    Eh i think thats a huge reach. Also the next presidential debate is in 2 weeks and people with covid depending on severity recover in 2 weeks. Also you can always go remote to ease concerns about spreading it
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      Eh i think thats a huge reach. Also the next presidential debate is in 2 weeks and people with covid depending on severity recover in 2 weeks. Also you can always go remote to ease concerns about spreading it
      Actually, I agree. (It happened again! ) I wasn't proposing it as a serious possibility.

Comment

• Trump is behind, and the person who is behind wants to debate.

Comment

• But here's something I don't take at face value. Trump has aggressively downplayed Covid-19 from day one, and now the White House says he has "mild symptoms." But if people suspect it's worse than that, who could blame them?

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...a3a7211248e97e

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
            But here's something I don't take at face value. Trump has aggressively downplayed Covid-19 from day one, and now the White House says he has "mild symptoms." But if people suspect it's worse than that, who could blame them?

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...a3a7211248e97e
            Playing devils advocate but had trump came out and told people instead of downplaying it do you really think people wouldnt freak out and over react? take the anthrax mail scare after 911 as a example. People tend to get crazy. Also scientists are still trying to figure this virus out. Also pence and wife tested negative so as of now its hope hicks who is a secretary trump and Milania who tested possitive
            TazzMission
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by TazzMission; 10-02-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• People don't appreciate being treated like children or being exposed to unnecessary dangers by their government's dismissing of threats. I've been saying for a while that if Trump loses it'll be because of how he's handled Covid-19 and how he dishonored the nation's war dead. If the news media had focused on those issues instead of making everything about the police and black people for weeks, Trump would be further behind than he is.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-02-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                People don't appreciate being treated like children or being exposed to unnecessary dangers by their government's dismissing of dangers. I've been saying for a while that if Trump loses it'll be because of how he's handled Covid-19 and how he dishonored the nation's war dead. If the news media had focused on those issues instead of making everything about the police and black people for weeks, Trump would be further behind than he is.
                Dont get me wrong i agree covid is under his watch but remember again nobody as much as someone hates them could of predicted this and as much as we try to plan our days in advance life can throw a swerve at us unexpectedly. I also think the vaccine could go either way in terms of how soon itll be released or if it works. Im not getting it i Dont even get the flu shot because i did in the past and got very sick plus my diet is crap and at 35 youd be appauld if i told you what i eat and never tried or had before i think dietary is really important it took getting sick easily to realize that. Both sides prefer destroying eachother instead of stepping back and think for a minute. Both sides attack
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 10-02-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• No matter what you believe about how Trump or any other official at a lower level handled COVID it's definitely a damned-if-you-do/damned-if-you-don't case. Much less could have been done and things might've been much worse, but no one is going to champion that.

On the other hand, if we immediately did a super strict lock down (as some smaller countries have done), there would be backlash on rights violations and claims of ruining the economy (both of which are happening at the current level).

There is definitely no way to handle a situation like this that would please all your constituents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    No matter what you believe about how Trump or any other official at a lower level handled COVID it's definitely a damned-if-you-do/damned-if-you-don't case. Much less could have been done and things might've been much worse, but no one is going to champion that.

On the other hand, if we immediately did a super strict lock down (as some smaller countries have done), there would be backlash on rights violations and claims of ruining the economy (both of which are happening at the current level).

There is definitely no way to handle a situation like this that would please all your constituents.
                    Look at nyc. There was a article written yesterday that a lot of buisnesses will never reopen do to new yorks lockdown wich is crazy because new york has all those places for tourism

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      No matter what you believe about how Trump or any other official at a lower level handled COVID it's definitely a damned-if-you-do/damned-if-you-don't case. Much less could have been done and things might've been much worse, but no one is going to champion that.

I did find it hilarious (somewhat tempered by the fact that I know a lot of Trump's base will take it as absolute truth on his say-so) that Trump claimed during the debate that his performance on COVID was great largely by comparing it to his declaration that if Biden had been in charge 2,000,000 people would be dead. "You think I did a bad job? Look how much better a job I did than the fictional job I've invented my opponent doing! I save 1.8 million lives compared to HIM!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        I did find it hilarious (somewhat tempered by the fact that I know a lot of Trump's base will take it as absolute truth on his say-so) that Trump claimed during the debate that his performance on COVID was great largely by comparing it to his declaration that if Biden had been in charge 2,000,000 people would be dead. "You think I did a bad job? Look how much better a job I did than the fictional job I've invented my opponent doing! I save 1.8 million lives compared to HIM!"
                        See thats where i get annoyed because i support trump but i hate this label of ''absolute truth'' i try saying to people its Washington dc show me one honest truth politician from either side. Politics is a ugly ugly career. Biden and wife tested negative btw it was reported
                        TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 10-02-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Yep. Sounds worse than they're admitting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...treatment.html

Comment

• He's having trouble breathing and is sicker than Melania.

https://popculture.com/trending/news...-this-serious/

Comment

• Somebody is lying.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/polit...eed/index.html

Comment

• BTW, let me be fair to Trump here. This is not the first time Americans have been lied to about a president's health. JFK flat-out lied to a reporter when he told him he didn't have Addison's disease. And Ronald Reagan was much closer to death after the assassination attempt on him than anyone admitted at the time.

But still, it fucking sucks when you have to EXPECT to be lied to about things like this.

Just tell the truth! We can handle it!

Comment

Working...
                                X