Post a Pic of the last thing you purchased Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    You recommend it then? That's great. One of the goals for this year's 2016 Reading Challenge is a book by someone you just met and since you're new here, that just may have to do.

I've read and liked other Oates' books, so it sounds good.
    Yikes, I just read the synopsis for that book. Think I will be staying away from it.

Sometimes, real life events are more horrible than the monster fiction I read.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
      Yikes, I just read the synopsis for that book. Think I will be staying away from it.

Sometimes, real life events are more horrible than the monster fiction I read.
      Oates is such a good writer, that book is definitely better than its synopsis. She's one of the greats imo. My favorite by her is the story "Where are you going...?"

Here's more stuff I bought today:

The Flash Vol 2 # 136-159

and

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
        I really enjoyed what Kamen did with Metallica.

Comment

• Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
          Oates is such a good writer, that book is definitely better than its synopsis. She's one of the greats imo. My favorite by her is the story "Where are you going...?"
          I'm sure she is an excellent author; there was just something in the subject matter of the story that would bother me the entire time I read the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
            I love that book by Oates, amazing writer. I bought this today, and I'm psyched about reading!:

I own this in trade paperback form. It's a great read with excellent artwork. Writer Mark Waid really understands Hal, Barry, and Silver Age DC. I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by robojac View Post
              I own this in trade paperback form. It's a great read with excellent artwork. Writer Mark Waid really understands Hal, Barry, and Silver Age DC. I hope you enjoy it.
              Psyched! I'm reading Flash/Waid's Terminal Velocity now.

Comment

• Some recent additions to my library:

Comment

• Had to get some comic supplies, so I rounded out the free shipping from Amazon with:

Comment

• General Mills Superman Caramel Crunch Cereal

and

General Mills Batman Chocolate Strawberry Cereal

Comment

• i have seen the superman cereal out and about at a few stores but been afraid to try it.

Comment

• I may actually try the Batman cereal. Although it's been like a couple of years since I actually ate a bowl of cereal.

Curse marketing ploys!
                        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by havik View Post
                          i have seen the superman cereal out and about at a few stores but been afraid to try it.
                          Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                          I may actually try the Batman cereal. Although it's been like a couple of years since I actually ate a bowl of cereal.

Curse marketing ploys!
                          I haven't tried the Superman cereal yet but I have tried the Batman one and it taste okay. It's been a couple of years since I ate a bowl of cereal too. I'm not even eating these for breakfast and just snack on a small portion in ziplock sandwich bags.

Comment

• I can't eat a bowl of cereal my stoomach doesn't like milk when mixed with cereal.

Comment

• Just got this beauty in the mail! Already on the Indiana Jones shrine. After S+H I only paid 60 bucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                                Just got this beauty in the mail! Already on the Indiana Jones shrine. After S+H I only paid 60 bucks!
                                Looks in really good shape. What date?

Comment

Working...
                                X