Wonder Woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
    Seriously, WW was f'ing amazing. One of the best superhero films I have ever seen. Definitely going in my top 10 after I ponder it for a bit.
    I really enjoyed Wonder Woman. So much so, I'm planning on seeing it again while it's still playing in theaters. And it's a definitely home video purchase.

I don't think it will crack my personal top 10 list, once I see it a second time and give it more consideration.

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
    This turned out much better than I was expecting after seeing Gadot in BvS. It was a long way from perfect, but I'm glad it wasn't a total disaster.

It's a little confusing as to why she took a heroic sabbatical, but at least she's ready for action now. Bring on the JUSTICE LEAGUE!!
    For me, Wonder Woman was the best thing that came out of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, as she was the only hero in the film that wasn't mired in personal baggage.

Yeah, the film has its issues, but like Suicide Squad, I enjoyed this film.

The film does not address why Diana disappeared from the world, as referenced in Batman v. Superman, so I'm hoping that will be revealed in either Justice League or the sequel to Wonder Woman.

With the critical and opening weekend box office success of Wonder Woman, I'm thinking they'll feature her more on the promo materials for Justice League. Something like how they're using Iron Man to help promo Spider-Man: Homecoming. I mean, WB/DC should take advantage of the good will and excitement created by Wonder Woman.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Of course the ironic thing is that we're all talking about how DC "finally got it right" with Wonder Women, even though it'll probably make only a fraction of the profit that BvS or Suicide Squad did!

Despite the avalanche of good press it's received, it probably won't gross a lot more than Green Lantern did. The key is that WW cost only half as much to make as GL did.

I have to blame that undisciplined spending on DC's overconfidence when Geoff was selling so many GL comics.
    Green Lantern grossed $116,601,172 domestically and $219,851,172 for its worldwide total.

In less than a week, Wonder Woman has already grossed $129,350,709 domestically and $254,350,709 worldwide, and therefore has passed Green Lantern.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Green Lantern grossed $116,601,172 domestically and $219,851,172 for its worldwide total.

In less than a week, Wonder Woman has already grossed $129,350,709 domestically and $254,350,709 worldwide, and therefore has passed Green Lantern.
      Let's see how much higher it goes. I bet it won't rival BvS or Suicide Squad, although bad reviews for The Mummy might help it next week. But if it does top BvS and SS, then that's great.
      Trey Strain
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-08-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• It didn't have to do much to top GL.

Comment

• I keep looking at my top comics movie list, and how I feel about WW and where I think that movie belongs on the list. I typically overrate a movie immediately after seeing it, then come down a bit with time as I start to look at it objectively. Unless it was overwhelmingly good or overwhelmingly bad. Wonder Woman wasn't overwhelmingly good, as much as it was a shocker that WB had it in them to make anything even watchable at this point. Like, shock from shattering low expectations?

Wonder Woman had some warts, but none of them were THAT bad. It certainly doesn't have any fatal flaws, just little nitpicks that are easy to overlook because the whole package was so well done. I think when I finally rank it, WW will be anywhere from #10 to 15 for my personal list, which is pretty damn good company.

I agree totally about Pine stealing the show. He was SO good, as to be expected. But it was a good thing, as the movie needed a strong male lead to keep the male audience invested. I honestly don't think the movie would be as good or as interesting without his character for Diana's to bounce off of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
            Despite the avalanche of good press it's received, it probably won't gross a lot more than Green Lantern did. The key is that WW cost only half as much to make as GL did.

I have to blame that undisciplined spending on DC's overconfidence when Geoff was selling so many GL comics.
            Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
            It didn't have to do much to top GL.
            can we please stop knocking down the GL movie, it wasn't that bad (i should know i've seen the Last Airbender, IN 3D) could it of been better, yes i'll give you that but it wasn't the piece of sh!t everyone makes it out to be

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• I think the point here was to compare the amount of money they made. Whatever you might think about the quality of the GL movie, you can't avoid the fact that it was a financial disappointment.

Comment

• GL had a good weekend. But those people came out of the theater and told their friends about it. Bad word of mouth killed it, same thing that happened to Alien Covenant a few weeks ago.

I would give my left nut for GL to be as good as WW turned out.

Comment

GL had a good weekend. But those people came out of the theater and told their friends about it. Bad word of mouth killed it, same thing that happened to Alien Covenant a few weeks ago.

I would give my left nut for GL to be as good as WW turned out.
                  ALIEN: COVENANT SUCKED

it f'ed up the Alien's origin (an origin you didn't even need) plus it didn't answer any question the last one had (h@ll it add to it)

IonFan says

Comment

• I didn't think Alien: Covenant sucked. I actually like it, as the I thought it was the way better version of Passengers. However, I did not like some of the elements of the film, like the alien being an airborne virus/spores type of thing that could invade a host. I prefer the old school alien egg/face hugger route.

I think Wonder Woman could be in my Top 20 comic book films, but I'll have to look at my list.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• GL's total gross wasn't that great, but it wasn't all that bad either. The bloated budget was what lost all that money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                        GL's total gross wasn't that great, but it wasn't all that bad either. The bloated budget was what lost all that money.
                        Yeah, if it had been a modest budget it would've been a minor success (not a blockbuster, but not a loser either).

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          Yeah, if it had been a modest budget it would've been a minor success (not a blockbuster, but not a loser either).
                          That's probably true. I just want a GL movie that delivers what WW delivered. It doesn't have to be perfect or the best comic book movie of all time (though I would deal with that if it was!), I just want a single Green Lantern movie on my shelf that I can be proud of as a fan. That I can show family or friends, and just pop in for repeat viewings over the years. Just ONE good damn movie, forget sequels.

Wonder Woman fans got that, and I am extremely envious of them right now.

Comment

• I showed this video clip to my wife last night and was like " WHAT???? Play it again!" And she wants to see Wonder Woman again.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

That's probably true. I just want a GL movie that delivers what WW delivered. It doesn't have to be perfect or the best comic book movie of all time (though I would deal with that if it was!), I just want a single Green Lantern movie on my shelf that I can be proud of as a fan. That I can show family or friends, and just pop in for repeat viewings over the years. Just ONE good damn movie, forget sequels.

Wonder Woman fans got that, and I am extremely envious of them right now.
                              um Dave you already have that

< link here

IonFan says

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                                I showed this video clip to my wife last night and was like " WHAT???? Play it again!" And she wants to see Wonder Woman again.

+ YouTube Video
                                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                                LOL! And THIS is why girl comics are for girls!

Comment

Working...
                                X