No announcement yet.

Justice League movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like they made the same mistakes as Suicide Squad, but probably not quite as bad. Still not planning on seeing this in theaters.
    MEH

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      Review embargo for Justice League is still on till next week but they moved up the date for the social media embargo, it will now lift tomorrow at 9 am PT.
      Review embargo lifts Wednesday at 2:50 AM EST, Rotten Tomatoes however won't be revealing the score till Thursday at 12:01 AM EST on their new Facebook show, See It/Skip It.

Comment

• Review embargo is up, based off what I'm seeing I'm expecting it to settle in around Man of Steel level when all is said and done. Metacritic has it at 51, with 9 positive reviews, 13 mixed and 3 negative.
        Hypo
        Lil' Leaguer
        Last edited by Hypo; 11-15-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• The DC films have pretty much been critic proof at the box office and with me. I'll be watching Justice League on Saturday.

Based on the Twitter reactions I read a few days ago, it seems like the lack of plot/storytelling is a result of being helm by two different directors that have different styles.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Never cared about critics, i'll be there friday morning.

Comment

• Reviews aren't looking great, but I'll see it regardless. I'm interested.

Comment

• Rotten Tomatoes has it around 43% as of today. I'm surprised. I thought it was would score over 50% at least.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• So how does Rotten Tomatoes decide if a review is "fresh" or "rotten"? I've read "fresh" reviews that seemed really critical of a film, and "rotten" ones that seemed like they actually didn't think it was too bad (not for Justice League specifically, I just mean in general I've seen that).

Comment

• I think they take the number of user movie reviews and the fresh/rotten score is based on the total average. So if a movie had 100 user reviews and half of them didn't like it and the other half loved it... it'd still get a score of around 50%.

~//V\\~

Comment

• I would describe it as mindless fun.

And stay in the theatre until the WB logo show up

Comment

• just got back from seeing it............................ i liked it (REALLY I DID) but it's clearly rushed (here's hoping for yet another director's cut of a DC film )

also would of loved to see more of the *Lantern* ()

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          So how does Rotten Tomatoes decide if a review is "fresh" or "rotten"? I've read "fresh" reviews that seemed really critical of a film, and "rotten" ones that seemed like they actually didn't think it was too bad (not for Justice League specifically, I just mean in general I've seen that).
                          The percentage is based of how many critics rated the movie as good, literally a yes or no question. Ex. for Justice League there are currently 182 reviews, 65 are fresh so 65/182 = 36%. The actual average score is in small text underneath the percentage:

My understanding is that the critics that have a rotten tomatoes account and manually submit their reviews are given the opportunity to mark their review as fresh or rotten, for the ones that RT scrapes/automatically pulls in though their internal system will automatically slot it into a bucket.
                          Hypo
                          Lil' Leaguer
                          Last edited by Hypo; 11-17-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Woof...box office tracking is not looking good for JL, it could somehow manage to pull in less than 100 million on it's opening weekend. If there wasn't already a huge shakeup after BvS I'd say heads would be rolling because of this.

On the flip side Mark Waid liked the movie.
                            Hypo
                            Lil' Leaguer
                            Last edited by Hypo; 11-18-2017, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• I hope it bombs. If WB insists on giving us garbage, it deserves to bomb to show them that we want movies the level of quality of WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                                I hope it bombs. If WB insists on giving us garbage, it deserves to bomb to show them that we want movies the level of quality of WW.
                                I agree it deserves to bomb but for many reasons. From the actors to the directors, producers and WB/DC and probably Geoff Johns too they all killed this movie but also I feel the superhero fatigue is at the highest.

Probably the last superhero film Ill watch in a theatre theyare all the same, only difference dc is for teens/kids and marvel is for toddlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X