The Hollywood thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hollywood thread

I don't see an appropriate thread for this story, so I'm starting one.

I think almost all the accusations being made against Harvey Weinstein are true. I have some doubts about this one though. Who reports a rape to a corporate official instead of to the police?

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41606140
    The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

We'll never know how many women held their noses and went along with it, to advance their careers. That ghastly old prune Hugh Hefner was still swiving beautiful young women well into his 80s, even though by then there was probably only dust flying out of his scrotum.
    The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

Comment

I've never thought this show or these characters were even remotely funny.

https://www.glamour.com/story/the-bi...pisode-5-recap

Comment

^I've had friends try to get me into Big Bang Theory, but when I watched a few episodes with one of them I found that Sheldon character so annoying that I can't stand to watch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          ^I've had friends try to get me into Big Bang Theory, but when I watched a few episodes with one of them I found that Sheldon character so annoying that I can't stand to watch him.
          As a guy said in one of the comments, I don't understand why they have a flaming gay actor playing a straight man. They should have just let the character be gay. Also, the woman with the chipmunk voice drives me up the wall. Who can stand that shit? And here's a news flash: Blossom stopped being cute a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
            As a guy said in one of the comments, I don't understand why they have a flaming gay actor playing a straight man. They should have just let the character be gay. . .
            The first episodes I saw (I think before he had a regular girlfriend), I just assumed the character was gay. I didn't even know the actor was. He just seemed to be playing it that way.

Comment

It's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one too. The comments are on point.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...025217916.html

Comment

This one says Harvey raped her, but, amazingly, she agreed to audition for him again. And furthermore, after the audition she agreed to meet him in another hotel room.

And to make matters worse, there's Gloria Allred sitting beside her, making sure her face gets in the camera shot.

Weinstein knew how badly these women wanted to be stars, and he knew how much they'd put up with to accomplish it. That's how he got away with it for so long.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...194359135.html
                Trey Strain
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-03-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Its hard to believe an industry filled with selfish attention craving narcissists has internal problems. Never saw it coming.

Comment

Before Walt Disney built Disneyland, Anaheim was just a crossroads. But then it exploded. (The same thing happened on a larger scale in Orlando when Disney build Disney World.)

For many years Anaheim did pretty much what Disney wanted it to. That changed a while back when the city approved some apartments for modest-income people near the park, which Disney opposed. The main people who were going to live there were the park's poorly paid workers, who previously had to commute a long distance.

Now this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.b0f3adbb370f

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Even if he didn't kill her, Robert Wagner was unworthy of Natalie Wood.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natalie...-investigator/

Comment

Double post.
                          Trey Strain
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-24-2018, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Wow, he looks rough.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/23/ben-a...-way-to-rehab/

Comment

Being dead 33 years doesn't stop Orson Welles from releasing a new movie (today in Venice and in November on Netflix, who funded its completion).

Why Orson Welles’ The Other Side Of The Wind Took Half A Century To Make Venice Debut

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X