This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gamer Thread

I don't want to make a thread for every game topic, so I'll use this.

Chances are you play games. If you don't, chances are you used to or will in the future. Gaming is a bigger industry then Hollywood now, and it continually innovates, improves, and finds new ways to entertain. I love playing games; sometimes the story stands out, sometimes the gameplay does, and in rare circumstances, they both do in one package!

So, whatcha been playin'?
    Willpower
    The Gunslinger
    Last edited by Willpower; 03-03-2011, 10:44 AM.

Say cheese!

Nice, first I've seen of it. Looks decent I'll probably rent it. Depending on the reviews.

Comment

never heard of it, my only purchase(i own ps3) for the rest of the year is most likely modern warfare2, nothing else is really jumping at me, yet....

Comment

easily, the game I'm anticipating most this year is Dragon Age: Origins. The Baldurs Gate series is my favorite games of all time. And hopefully this will be a spiritual successor to it. Here's a trailer that captures what it's about.

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Yeah Dragon Age does look good, can't wait for it.

But the game I'm waiting for most of all is AVP!
          This is the "Aliens" trailer, where they focus more on the Alien.

+ YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This is the "Marines" Trailer, where they focus more on the Marines.

+ YouTube Video
          Willpower
          The Gunslinger
          Last edited by Willpower; 10-17-2009, 08:15 PM.

Say cheese!

Comment

Someone let me know when Nintendo gets off their ass and makes a StarFox Wii game. That, and another Smash Bros. before this system dies.

Comment

Miyamoto Confirms Starfox Wii, Sorta

Spacefurries rejoice! Our favorite venturesome vulpid may very well be back in the cockpit. Nintendo rumormonger NintendoGossip posts that German gaming site GameFront has an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto in which no promises are made, but strong hints are dropped:

First he told GameFront something about the opportunities that the Wii controller offers Nintendo for a new StarFox game for Wii. He explained how the Wii remote could be used in a game like StarFox. When they asked him if Nintendo is developing a StarFox game for Wii or if they have plans to make a StarFox game for Wii in the future he doesn't deny but he doesn't confirm anything.
              Admittedly, we're running one of those bloggy she-said, he-said gauntlets with this story. But it's Starfox we're talking about here. We'll take what we can get, yanno? Eliza Gauger

Say cheese!

Comment

Heavy Rain

Personally, this is one of my most anticipated games in the foreseeable future. It looks great graphically, and it appears different than the norm. It looks to have a very cool story, and it focuses on that quite a bit. I can see getting really into this game if the actual game play is as good as the story.

Fresh from Gamescom comes a brand new trailer and screenshots for Heavy Rain, PS3's exclusive "psychological thriller." This latest trailer reveals a brand new character on his quest, one in which everything was done out of love. "How far will you go to save someone you love?" the trailer asks.
                Check the trailers and see what you think.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Say cheese!

Comment

i forgots about heavy rain, i cant wait!

Comment

I really hope Heavy Rain delivers the goods. If we get another "Lair" type disappoint on the PS3, I'm going to be pissed. If graphics, and what has been announced by the plot is anything to go by then Heavy Rain looks to be pretty sweet.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I'm looking forward to the second Assassins' Creed myself, it's supposed to be much better.

Comment

My favorite games to this day has to be Golden Sun and Golden Sun the Lost Age. I loved the storyline the lines of morality that you must cross in order to save the world. I can't wait for Golden Sun DS

Comment

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                          My favorite games to this day has to be Golden Sun and Golden Sun the Lost Age. I loved the storyline the lines of morality that you must cross in order to save the world. I can't wait for Golden Sun DS
                          Those games were great, but they suffered from silent protagonist syndrome

Comment

More Heavy Rain News

Over on Eurogamer, they've got a 9 minute video showing of some unseen footage of Heavy Rain with the executive producer, Guillaume de Fondaumiere, doing some voiceover work and playing some scenes of the game.

Say cheese!

Comment

Dragon Age Origins Early Reviews

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                              easily, the game I'm anticipating most this year is Dragon Age: Origins. The Baldurs Gate series is my favorite games of all time. And hopefully this will be a spiritual successor to it. Here's a trailer that captures what it's about.
                              PC Gamer UK review 94%:
                              "A truly astonishing game. Vast, vivid and microscopically detailed. Dragon Age is the RPG of the decade"

"'But coming out the other end of an epic 80 hours first playthrough, I leave with memories that feel like more than simple events in a game.'"

"The main negative they mention is the difficulty levels. The reviewer says he had to play through some parts on easy and even then there were some incredibly tough battles."

PC Gamer France review 95%:
                              Rough translation: "Old-school gameplay with a fast rhythm and a foregrounding of the story, this title mixes together the best of what BioWare has done in the last few years. The intensity of a Baldur's Gate and the depth of a good book series, what more could you ask for?"

The November issue of PC Gamer Sweden will feature a 13-page* Dragon Age review. Rumoured it's got the highest rating on a game that they have given a game on 4 years.

The reviewer summarizes his review with: "Epic roleplaying game with unsurpassed feeling."

Say cheese!

Comment

Working...
                              X