X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caucuses

Short and sweet...

I'm glad my two faves are leading.

Although I consider myself to be Conservative, I don't nessesarly always vote Republican.

Barack Obama is definitely the best candidate on the Democrat side and Mike Huckabee is definitely the best choice for the Republican side.

I'm anxious to see these guys go head to head.

Originally posted by Mr.Itty View Post
    Short and sweet...

I'm glad my two faves are leading.

Although I consider myself to be Conservative, I don't nessesarly always vote Republican.

Barack Obama is definitely the best candidate on the Democrat side and Mike Huckabee is definitely the best choice for the Republican side.

I'm anxious to see these guys go head to head.
    Not to rain on your parade, but having heard how the Iowa caucuses are conducted (it is about the most nutty, undemocratic process one can imagine), I am not at all surprised that the Iowa caucuses have never (with supposedly one exception) NEVER matched up with the eventual nominees. Supposedly New Hampshire has a much better track record in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Not to rain on your parade...
      That's OK Ed.

It's kinda like rooting for the Detroit Lions at the beginning of the season... it's fun while it lasted.

Comment

Yeah, but we voted for McCain, and that didn't work out too well for him. I've got a feeling he may win here again tomorrow, but it doesn't mean he'll get the nom. And my balls litterally get tingly at the notion of Hilary going down in flames!

The thing is, if you look around my state, there are signs littered everywhere. People are holding signs on every corner and town square holding rallies for Democrats. But if you talk to them, you discover most of them are bused in from out of state. It's a tactic the Dems use to their advantage very well. It creates the feeling that the state has huge support for whatever candidate. Ultimately things just need to play themselves out in the actual voting booth. By watching TV you'd think Romney and Hirary are down for the count, and that just aint so.

Comment

So, they bus them in, huh? Sounds typical for politics.

The thing that really aggravates me is people who watch these polls just before voting, then leaving the house to vote for the candidate shown to be ahead, just to be on the "winning team".

Yeah, that does sound like I know a few who do that.

Comment

Oh yeah, looking forward to O’Reilly's new bumper sticker;

Don't Block the Shot!

Comment

I'm liking Huckabee more and more myself - I am a indy - with libertarian tendancies -

and I see no Democrat that intrests me at all
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                I see no Democrat that interests me at all.
                See, that's a shame... I know this because I've been there. Most times I'm voting out of necessity, least of the two evils kind of thing.

This time, I actually see a little hope from both sides.

I really want to see Australia, but if Hillary wins, I might get there sooner than planned... and stay.

Comment

If Hillary wins , I'm defecting to Canada, and I'm taking my comics with me.

Comment

fuck canada I moving somewhere warm,

i'm not sure who i want, I think it will either be obama or hillary becuase a woman or a guy that is not white has never been president.

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                      fuck canada I moving somewhere warm,

i'm not sure who i want, I think it will either be obama or hillary becuase a woman or a guy that is not white has never been president.
                      we where having this discussing the other day at work and a black co-worker said that a woman would win before a Black man

I reminded him that the black people got

major
                      govener
                      justice
                      and the vote before any woman did

anyway today was NH

so

R - McCain
                      D - looking like Hilary (then again thats any of them for me)

I like Huckabee and Ron Paul
                      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Ron paul would bring the biggest change

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                          Ron paul would bring the biggest change
                          He SURE would!

Not a good day for republicans yesterday BTW.
                          Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
                          Moisture Farmer
                          Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 01-09-2008, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                            He SURE would!

Not a good day for republicans yesterday BTW.
                            well McCain is ok with me too
                            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Working...
                            X