hello all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello all.

i haven't really been on a forum in years, so i dont really know what to put here. ive been a big fan for years. i cant really keep up with it as faithfully as many do, due to the fact theres no comic shop nearby, and i dont really like the idea of giving in to digital. so i may be way behind on it most of the time. i have to admit, if i were given a ring, it would most likely be a yellow one, if i am being honest. the appeal would be too great to resist. im a fan of hal jordan. not sure what else to say, haha. great to meet you all.

Welcome and good luck.

Comment

thanks. i get the feeling i may need it. haha.

Comment

You don’t know the half of it.

Comment

One of us! One of us!
          Gooble gobble, gooble gobble!

You're not the only one in that boat. Some options: #1: follow what issues are out at sites like Previews and when you go in (once every month or two), have a list or give them a "pull list" to do for you. Option #2: have comics sent to you either by direct subscription from the companies (e.g., Marvel and DC) or better yet make orders from a site like Mile High Comics, Midtown Comics etc.

Comment

i hadnt actually considered doing that... a big reason is my local library carries the collections of the stories, you know? so im used to reading the equivalent of four or five comics at once, taking a day or so to continue a story. lol. the first option, of getting a pull is a good one, but its an hour drive or more to the nearest comic shops. oh well. haha. i guess i could always swallow my pride and read digital.

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome among us !

Comment

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

thank you everyone. so, whats a good thread to dip your toes in and get started on?

Comment

Well, you'll probably end up like most of us and spend more time in the General forum discussing your various interests.

But, assuming you came here because you like Green Lantern, you'll want to start in the second section. Every new Green Lantern issue gets its own thread. Since you're not up to date, you may prefer Green Lantern topics like who is your favorite GL (found under Sector 0) or discussions about Hal (under Volume 5) or Guy (GLC).

Comment

GOOD WELCOME, MALUSMOSKAU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X