Green Lantern Corps #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra_(DC_Comics)
    Dr. Naysay
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Dr. Naysay; 09-19-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

You need to add a ")" to the end of the link, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MB99 View Post
        So for anyone who doesn't know "Triumph of the Will" is the name of a Nazi propaganda video. I was thinking about the title and thought that maybe it could be referring to the Guardians and their rise to power. We know that the villains in this story have a huge grudge against the Guardians, so maybe they suffered under the Guardian regime and view them in the same way people view the Nazis.
        Well that would definitely be a more interesting take on these villains.
        No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Solid issue. Best GL book so far, imo. Building up something really cool!

Review:
          http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...tomasi-pasarin
          - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

“A bunch of Lanterns have just died in sector 3599.”
            – John Stewart in GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post

A bunch of Lanterns have just died in sector 3599.
              John Stewart in GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
              Did he blow up their planet??

Too soon?
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

From the looks of it, that would appear to be the case.

Comment

Nope... seem like a v powerful force. They r the roughtest n toughest buds!
                  Let Ther Be LIGHT! Evil Beware My Powers!!!

Comment

Not bad. Not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                      Not bad. Not great.
                      i agree

Comment

I loved the art on Nerro (I read it as Nerrd the 1st time)

John was being an architec I almost had an heart attack
                        I never realized that ppl knew who Guy was

Isomat need I say more
                        Love the sherrif's look

Could have done without the wiki page but we have to account for "new readers"
                        Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Seems the GL titles are being released in how good they are.
                          I thought it was a nice starter issue, show's Guy's past as a coach, Johns past being an architect with a dash of military put in. Also showed how both don't use secret identities like the others.
                          The killing of the rookie lanterns was a weak moment though. Not much was shown of the new opposing force, so not much action so far.
                          I'd say definitely the best out of the 3 that has been released.

Comment

I liked it, I agree that the whole "redshirt GLs die to introduce a new villain" thing is a bit of a clitche, but at least we got a group of opponents that are not wielding rings so I believe that makes up for it; I was looking for more diversity on the villains since long ago, and the only ringless one we got was Zardor, which got dropped from the storyline and just dissapeared (I wish we could get a passing comment at him being missing in another issue)

By the way, that's not Libra or anyone known, they are a group of skeletal beings with light armor and katanas (several are visible on the cover of GL 4)

Comment

Here's my review: http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...corps-vol-3-1/
                              The last fan of 1990s comics
                              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by -Ysmault- View Post
                                I agree that the whole "redshirt GLs die to introduce a new villain" thing is a bit of a clitche, but at least we got a group of opponents that are not wielding rings so I believe that makes up for it; I was looking for more diversity on the villains since long ago, and the only ringless one we got was Zardor, which got dropped from the storyline and just dissapeared (I wish we could get a passing comment at him being missing in another issue)
                                YES.

Comment

Working...
                                X