What's special about Guy ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's special about Guy ???

There are many things that set Guy apart from the rest of his GL Corps, but there are two ultra special things that really stand out to me ...

1. He used Sinestro's ring before becoming Vuldarian Warrior ...
    2. He became a Corpse Corpsman for a mission ...

Basically, he's been a member, directly or indirectly, of three Corps: GL Corps, Sinestro Corps, and Corpse Corps ...
    Bob Sachs
    Voice of Guy Gardner
    Last edited by Bob Sachs; 04-23-2008, 11:26 PM. Reason: to correct a very bobvious typo ...

he also became a hero without a ring using the vuldarian powers

Comment

very true ...

Comment

The Jack Bauer of the DCU if only DC would let him be writing how Beau Smith was writing him.

Comment

Guy also has a lot of ties to the rest of the DCU, not the A list, but everyone else. He doesn't get along very well with Bats, Big Blue and Wonder Woman but think about the patrons of Warriors.

He had the Metal Men bouncing, Zinda (Lady Blackhawk) was a regular. Hal might be THE Green Lantern who has Clark's home phone number... but Guy is on a first name basis with hundreds more metahumans than Hal is.

Comment

yeah you know they mentioned it in booster gold and I'm kind of staring to agree Guy is one of the greatest heros in dc he's everywhere now

Comment

Originally posted by bobservations View Post
              There are many things that set Guy apart from the rest of his GL Corps, but there are two ultra special things that really stand out to me ...

1. He used Sinestro's ring before becoming Vuldarian Warrior ...
              2. He became a Corpse Corpsman for a mission ...

Basically, he's been a member, directly or indirectly, of three Corps: GL Corps, Sinestro Corps, and Corpse Corps ...

Make that 4 Corps, he was originally a one man GL working for the breakaway faction of the Guardians to destroy the birthplace of the Anti-monitor!
              He was to be their Sword! The first Crisis on infinite earths.

That's is why i still see him as the one true Green Lantern.

GUY is certainly your everyman type of character.
              No matter how many times he messes things up, be it relationships or friendships he somehow finds a way to work it out.

His growth as a character has been wonderful to watch, from being a totally obnoxious jerk to an all round battle hardened tough GUY whom anyone can rely on in a crisis, i look forward to seeing a lot more from Peter and Geoff.

Yeah, he may not win all his battles, but he never gives up, now that's a true mark of a hero in my book! Remember he never ever quit the Corps and always fought the good fight even when he overstepped the thin green line.

People always think he's the "dumb one", but i beg to differ.
              In GUY GARDNER:Reborn, he totally outwitted Lobo, the Guardians, the Quardians, the entire GLC (all this without a powerring or powers for that matter) to confront the "spirit" of Sinestro whom he defeated in a battle of wills to take control of his yellow ring!
              If that doesn't spell out DCU Shitkicker, then i don't know.

Hell he saved Superman during his time under Eclipso's possession, almost sacrificing himself for the greater good.

As Warrior he fought alongside the best and held his own, hell Wonder Woman and Hawkman had muchos respect for our GUY!

GUY'S gone from being selfish to becoming selfless, a true legend among his peers (as R'amey told us during the Corpse arc).

HERE'S TO ANOTHER 40 YEARS OF THE ONE TRUE GREEN LANTERN!
              :On worlds afar or scenes at home, wherever the cause should make me roam, always i vow to fight the good fight, to combat evil with all green lanterns might!:

Comment

AMEN BROTHER

Comment

He mooned Batman through the watchtower window and lived to tell about it.

Guy has been one of my favorite characters in the DCU for many years. I realy like the character development and the "Guy" he has turned into.

Comment

In the beginning I was only a hal and kyle fan but now I'm becomeing a huge Guy fan

Comment

Guy is GOD because he's not politically correct. Damn it, I love Guy and Kyle together aS a team...
                      Take a look at my customs

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939

Comment

Guy is the Wolverine of the DC Universe...

Only DC doesn't know he is...

Comment

Originally posted by lanternut View Post
                          Guy is the Wolverine of the DC Universe...

Only DC doesn't know he is...
                          Thats giving marvel too much credit

Wolverine is the of the marvel universe

Comment

For real. Guy was created in 1968... Wolverine wasn't even around until 1974.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                              For real. Guy was created in 1968... Wolverine wasn't even around until 1974.
                              Thanks Andrew ... I was about to post the same thing ...

Comment

Working...
                              X