Green Lantern Corps #0 PREVIEW
    Writer: Peter J. Tomasi
    Artist: Fernando Pasarin
    21.43%
    14.29%
    14.29%
    28.57%
    21.43%

Hmm... I figured they would just rewrite how Guy became a Green Lantern, not ditch his entire backstory. I really kind of liked the backstory we got in his title (not the stupid Vuldarian garbage, I mean his personal history). Looks like they've completely ignored every bit of that.

Comment

that's the new DCnU for ya

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

He does look sexy as hell in his motorbike clothes though. Damn. *fans self*
        "Just smile politely and nod and they'll let me go back to my videogames."

Comment

Maybe we will get a First Appearance of Guy in GLC Vol 5. #1 like we did with Hal in the GL #0 last week.

Comment

I'm not sure I like this complete whitewashing of Guy's Origin. I knew there needed to be a new origin with COIE never happening but I didn't think they would ditch everything [atleast from what we've seen in the Previews]

Comment

I like it. I really liked it. Guy needs his own book again Hope to see more of the "Gardners" again soon.
              There can be only me!

Comment

So, I have to say that I'm not a big Guy fan (I used to absolutely hate it when he was trying to take out Hal), but I liked this.

The daddy issues are a bit trite but the cop stuff was cool and (unlike Baz) it made a lot of sense when the ring picked him. I liked his sister. I'd like to see more of her.

Gardner fans have a new thing to brag about ... Guy was good enough to skip the end of training. How many poozers can say that?

Comment

anybody got any spoilers?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                    anybody got any spoilers?
                    If you'd like. Here's most of the story:

This is an origins story in which we see a frame story of Guy as a rookie standing his own against a GL-killing baddy. This gets him short-tracked to full lantern status. In between he flashes back to his sister graduating from police academy. Guy goes to his semi-estranged father's house where it's revealed the dad is a wounded ex-cop and Guy himself was kicked off the force for some incident where civilians where killed. Guy maintains it wasn't his fault. His father disagrees and gets drunk. Meanwhile, on the scanner Guy hears that his older brother is pinned down in a fire fight at a gang house (because he's an honest cop). He's about to be killed but Guy shows up and takes the gang bangers out with his motorcycle and his father's cane. On the way to the hospital, the ring picks Guy, which enables him to get his brother to the hospital in time.

Comment

:Moderator:

Poll added.
                      sigpic
                      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        If you'd like. Here's most of the story:

This is an origins story in which we see a frame story of Guy as a rookie standing his own against a GL-killing baddy. This gets him short-tracked to full lantern status. In between he flashes back to his sister graduating from police academy. Guy goes to his semi-estranged father's house where it's revealed the dad is a wounded ex-cop and Guy himself was kicked off the force for some incident where civilians where killed. Guy maintains it wasn't his fault. His father disagrees and gets drunk. Meanwhile, on the scanner Guy hears that his older brother is pinned down in a fire fight at a gang house (because he's an honest cop). He's about to be killed but Guy shows up and takes the gang bangers out with his motorcycle and his father's cane. On the way to the hospital, the ring picks Guy, which enables him to get his brother to the hospital in time.
                        Thanks Space Cop. So no coma for Guy this time around I take it.

Comment

So this issue stope the plot of GLC once more ... you can really tell when something's editorially mandated. I wonder if any other title actually had an organic flow into their 0 issues like GL did.

That aside, I liked the issue. Mace was renamed and Guy has a hitherto unseen sister, but that isn't a big deal. It's cool that he comes from a long line of cops rather than being a football star, a teacher, or a councillor. But it does have a retcon, if that even applies to the new 52. Namely that he was Jordan's sector partner. That wasn't established until GLC Recharge, wasn't it? And odesn't Hal having a partner kinda go against the "no fraternising" rule they had in Secret Origins? Well, whatever. GL was inconsistant before the new 52 made it cool.

Comment

Ugh.

Comment

I absolutely loved this issue. I love Guy's family and how the legacy thing was between them. I hope we get to see more of his sister and brother.

I love how the ring picked Guy and how he kicked Xar's ass. I think Xar is probably going to break out and fight Guy again during the Third Army.

I loved the one page of Hal and Guy's interaction and they are amazing together.
                              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Working...
                              X