Is Ice going into the Violet Corps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ice going into the Violet Corps?

Seems odd that in the same issue (GLC#29)where we learn more about the Sapphire Corps that Ice proposes to Guy out of the blue.

Anyone think she's gonna be part of them?

GLC#29 solicit
    Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2008, 06:11 PM.

That does seem a distinct possibility. Given that, according to the previous Star Sapphire arc, the sapphire seeks out somebody that is a possible mate for the GL, it would be only logical that it would seek out Ice. Then the question becomes, what is the nature and motives of that Corps now? Will Ice be under the influence of the ring like Carol was with the gem?

Comment

I'm thinking Ice will be a 2814 Blue Lantern, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        I'm thinking Ice will be a 2814 Blue Lantern, yes.
        I certainly HOPE so!
        :On worlds afar or scenes at home, wherever the cause should make me roam, always i vow to fight the good fight, to combat evil with all green lanterns might!:

Comment

I would actually prefer that too.I'm a little worried about the violet thing.

I don't want to see a sex crazed Ice.Seems weird.

Comment

Yeah the only crazed Ice I want to see is her psychological desire to slaughter and eat baby seals.

Comment

I think the story is more about the Star Sapphires going after any woman of any GL. It might not mean that Ice will become a lantern of some color. Just that a Sapphire will target her because of how close she is to Guy.

Comment

I think I prefer the idea of her becoming a Violet Lantern slightly more than a blue. Just seems a bit more interesting to me. I wanna see how they play out being under the influence of Violet/Love and how the bearer uses it for good or bad? Will she be chosen to support Guy, or to encase them both in a suspended animation crystalized form of love? The Blue Lantern idea seems too easy. I want the Blue for 2814 to be a surprise twist.

Besides, the rings seek out bearers based on their emotions, the sapphire rings and or gems ahve always sought out those in love with GL's. If Tora proposes to Guy, it just makes sense. Oh and seeing her in a hot pink suit rather than blue galoshes would be cool too.

Comment

See Page 6 of GLC #19 for clues as to Ice.

Comment

I might not have that issue, could be in storage. Damn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nived View Post
                      Yeah the only crazed Ice I want to see is her psychological desire to slaughter and eat baby seals.

First off I want that pic on a shirt just to piss the PETA people off. Second I think giveing Ice a ring would be a bad Idea as it would eventualy put them at odds with each other when the war of light flares up.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                        First off I want that pic on a shirt just to piss the PETA people off. Second I think giveing Ice a ring would be a bad Idea as it would eventualy put them at odds with each other when the war of light flares up.

Darth_Andrea
                        But Who says the corps she joins will fight with the gl corps

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see all eight lantern corps littered with established DC heroes? Doesn't that seem a bit trite to add more than a couple? The universe is filled with untold trillions of intelligent life forms, but all eight organizations have to go to Earth and specifically recruit humans who are part of the superhero/villain communities?

Comment

see I think there needs to be a represenative of 2814

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                              See Page 6 of GLC #19 for clues as to Ice.
                              ok, i'm confused now...

i'm flicking through that issue now, and on page 6 we see Ice and Guy kissing...

what clue am i missing here lol

M

Comment

Working...
                              X