No announcement yet.

I've Joined The Party!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I can't say what I'm working on. I may have said too much. Just keep your eyes peeled here and on my website http://www.flyingfistranch.com

I should be able to mention something very soon.

I wish I could say more, but I can't.

You all have inspired me to haul out my big book that collects all my issues of my run on GGW. I've been going through them and really discovered some very wonderful memories here. I owe you guys.

Thanks,

Beau

Comment

Originally posted by BeauSmith View Post
      Right now I can't say what I'm working on. I may have said too much. Just keep your eyes peeled here and on my website http://www.flyingfistranch.com

I should be able to mention something very soon.

I wish I could say more, but I can't.

You all have inspired me to haul out my big book that collects all my issues of my run on GGW. I've been going through them and really discovered some very wonderful memories here. I owe you guys.

Thanks,

Beau
      It's cool man thats what we're here for

Comment

thats a great website

Comment

Thank you very much! In case you missed it, in the ARTWORK section there is an album dedicated to GREAT GUY GARDNER MOMENTS. I think you might enjoy these fine manly moments in Guy's life by some really great artists.

http://www.flyingfistranch.com/galle...ardner-Warrior

Your amigo,

Beau

Comment

awesome

Comment

GreenLanternGeek:

Well, of course! And let me say....it may be much sooner than you think.....

Beau

This may be the best hint I've heard in a LONG time.

And Beau, thanks again for all of the great comic book columns you have written for Busted Knuckles over the years. I like a decent dose of comic common sense several times a month.

-Don

Comment

Right now I can't say what I'm working on. I may have said too much.
                I know how that is -- we'll leave it at that, then. Fantastic hint, though! Can't wait to see what's brewing.

Comment

yes it is, I just thought I would ask in case you could say more, but still thats awesome!

Comment

I bloody loved your Gardner comics! Are you doing like a backup in GLC or something?

You need to make DC let you do a proper grand reopening of Warriors!

Comment

Mr Smith, a HUGE fan of your work, and I know I speak for all of us when I say I am honored to have you here.

Any advice for someone wanting to break into the biz?

Comment

WOW! I'm stoked that you've taken the opportunity to talk with your fans.
                        Beau, you're probably the first writer who treated GUY with absolute respect.
                        Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed the Giffen and Jones era, but just when you thought GUY was finally turning a corner he'd get dropped on his ass.

There's almost this fear to let GUY become an A list superhero, so he always gets knocked back a few pegs. You took GUY to new levels where he took on greater threats and was respected by his peers and not laughed at.
                        THANK YOU!

ICBINTJL- by Giffen and Demattias a couple of years ago finally portrayed GUY the way most of us love to see him, i can't help but wonder if your stories influenced that ( your characterisation of GUY ).

Recently Geoff, David, Peter and even Keith Champagne have shown a lot of respect to GUY which is absolutely awesome. Here's hoping you'll get a chance to write some GLC stories starring the Man's man- GUY GARDNER!

With TORA ( ICE ) returning, there sure is a golden opportunity to tell a story about GUY and Fire's fling they had and how it might affect the 3's relationship with each other, in the mist of a global/universal disaster of course.

Well whatever your new project is, i hope you get to tell a great GUY story and your first with him as the one true Green Lantern ( he is Honour Lantern number one and outranks most GL's at this present moment so.....), kicking ass, taking names and dottin' the eyes.
                        Hopefully you can get Mitch Byrd for a reunion!

Looking forward to your return to the GUYSTER!
                        GUYCORPS
                        Green Lantern
                        Last edited by GUYCORPS; 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM.
                        :On worlds afar or scenes at home, wherever the cause should make me roam, always i vow to fight the good fight, to combat evil with all green lanterns might!:

Comment

Out of respect to Beau and the cat not being completely out of the bag yet officially, let's not prod him too much about his mystery project.

Comment

Not only should you be the principal Guy Gardner writer (your run is the only series I have that sits by the side of my drawing table, the rest is in storage.) But I loved 24: Cold Warriors, Kiefer needs you on his writing staff.

I really wished DC would have let you run with a powerless Guy for at least 6 issues, they need a Doc Savage/Jack Bauer in the DCU.

Thanks for bringin' the testosterone to comics and I'll be along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                              I thought that issue was awesome, though it was a little odd the costume choices -- as Gal Gardner -- that Guy utilized (would he really embrace his sudden femininity that much?). Though I chalk that up to Dementor just screwing with him.

My biggest question to you, Beau -- and it's just fantastic that you're among us -- is... what do you think about the current state of affairs? What do you think about where Guy is now, back as a Green Lantern as kind of a instructor of newbie GLs and such over in GLC? What do you think about the recent retcon that Guy's Vuldarian heritage is a virus and not heritage at all?

There was a ton of gold in your run on Guy, Beau, and I hope that isn't soon forgotten. It's cool that Warrior's just reopened on Oa this last issue of GLC!

Were there any stories you didn't get to tell on Guy?

Huge fan, Beau.
                              does anyone have any pic of gal gardner

Comment

Originally posted by the power battery View Post
                                does anyone have any pic of gal gardner
                                Here's the issue cover

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2...0/gal1.0.0.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X