Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vuldarian powers were a virus?

So says the new Secret Files.

Guy once owned and operated a bar called Warriors, so named for a time when he had shape-shifting powers given to him by a Vuldarian virus and went by the name "Warrior."

#1, that's a pretty big retcon. #2, once owned and operated a bar called Warriors? Last I saw he still did in Collateral Damage.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Guy once owned and operated a bar called Warriors, so named for a time when he had shape-shifting powers given to him by a Vuldarian virus and went by the name "Warrior."

#1, that's a pretty big retcon. #2, once owned and operated a bar called Warriors? Last I saw he still did in Collateral Damage.
    With G'nort dead and the bar gone, maybe CD isn't considered canon?

-Don

Comment

When I read that in the book that caught me off guard about the Vuldarian virus. I mean I've been one of the ones that want to see him with the Vuldarian powers and the ring or even someone else one with both and now it's a Vuldarian virus. Like you said what happen with Collateral Damage?

Comment

Well at least GUY'S Vuldarianess was acknowledged!
        Being a virus? No problem, what i think Geoff is trying to say is that GUY is 100% human, and that the Vuldarian powers were more of an infection rather than GUY being half Vuldarian.

Let's put it into perspective:

GUY goes from regular GL to become an alien Vuldarian.
        John goes from regular GL to become an alien Guardian.
        Kyle goes from regular GL to become an alien Ion/Parallax.
        Hal goes from regular GL to become an alien Parallax/Spectre.

What do they all have in common? They've all been "infected" in some way with extraordinary powers, but their humanity ultimately prevailed!

are all 100% terran now! Or are they?

Warriors, well i've already said in a previous post that i think CD was more of a GUY bragfest (some real and the rest bullshit) so GUY could get some Thanagarian tail!

But it will be cool to see where he sets up next!
        Oh yeah and G'nort possibly being dead, well at least it's not official.
        I think Geoff is testing the waters to see the fans response to this as well as his mentioning of one Charlie Vickers presumed dead.
        :On worlds afar or scenes at home, wherever the cause should make me roam, always i vow to fight the good fight, to combat evil with all green lanterns might!:

Comment

Originally posted by GUYCORPS View Post
          Well at least GUY'S Vuldarianess was acknowledged!
          yea, I'm amazed they even said anything about it. I figure they'll say that despotellis killed the virus or they'll keep with the parallax killed it thing that they been going wiht.

Comment

The thing they forget to note is... Guy started going by "Warrior" before he got the Vuldarian powers.

Comment

The thing they forget to note is... Guy started going by "Warrior" before he got the Vuldarian powers.
              haha, ya don't miss a beat, that totally slipped my mind. He still had the yellow ring when he was warrior.

Comment

Too true Andrew, he also went through a few costume changes and wore that exo-suit that Booster made for him!
                GUY can stay a GL, but he has to re-open Warriors, there is just so much story potential here! Heroes off duty hanging out at Warriors.

Love to see GUY and Ted Grant hanging out and dropping back a few pints, hell bring back Buck Wargo!

Man, could you imagine GUY hiring Kilowog and Lobo as doormen on opening night!
                :On worlds afar or scenes at home, wherever the cause should make me roam, always i vow to fight the good fight, to combat evil with all green lanterns might!:

Comment

Come on, do they really need to retcon the Vuldi-powers. First its Parallax, than ED 1+2, than Ion, plus all the retcons I didn't mention. Is it really that big a deal? Guy is the type of character that can be a Alien/Human Hybrid and still be the same character or better. I don't understand, its really sad that they have to change so much.

Comment

That retcon is FINE with me! This just firmly establishes that Guy is, and always has been...a human being. I don't think that's a bad thing that they want to get back to that. They didn't say his time as a Vuldarian superduper transformer pokemon reject didn't happen, just that he was never an alien...and that we don't have to worry about it happening again. Good decision!

As for Collateral Damage and Warriors bar, that book reads like it's out of continuity anyway. Has Warriors shown up since it was destroyed in Rebirth? I think that's what Geoff and the creative team are working with.

Comment

I don't mind it, personally. But I wouldn't mind them just leaving him be as as part-Vuldarian either.

Comment

I mean, I don't really care because Guy is Guy no matter what but I don't see why its necessary at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                          That retcon is FINE with me! This just firmly establishes that Guy is, and always has been...a human being. I don't think that's a bad thing that they want to get back to that. They didn't say his time as a Vuldarian superduper transformer pokemon reject didn't happen, just that he was never an alien...and that we don't have to worry about it happening again. Good decision!

As for Collateral Damage and Warriors bar, that book reads like it's out of continuity anyway. Has Warriors shown up since it was destroyed in Rebirth? I think that's what Geoff and the creative team are working with.
                          Even though i didn't mind the Vuldarian heritage, i got to agree with you, GUY IMO has and will always be 100% human! Retcons fine by me.
                          Same as John, Kyle and Hal!

Though i wouldn't mind a story or three about the Vuldarians, even a new Vuldarian where GUY gives the newbie some guidance.

And again bring back Buck Wargo and the monster hunters!

Comment

I just don't think it could get any better for Guy fans at this moment in time. Guy is PERFECT in the comics now. Sweeping the last of that Vuldarian thing under the rug is like when Marvel said Peter Parker WASN'T the clone after all. One of those things that needs to be done to close a chapter on a book that won't be revisited again.

If they did a story saying Batman was part Thanagarian, I assure you nobody would complain when they wrote themselves out of it later on!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                              I just don't think it could get any better for Guy fans at this moment in time. Guy is PERFECT in the comics now. Sweeping the last of that Vuldarian thing under the rug is like when Marvel said Peter Parker WASN'T the clone after all. One of those things that needs to be done to close a chapter on a book that won't be revisited again.

If they did a story saying Batman was part Thanagarian, I assure you nobody would complain when they wrote themselves out of it later on!
                              first off, Batman sucks, but thats just my opinion. and your right, it won't be revisited again but who said its sweep under the rug. whos to say it won't come back and that will be really lame. they need to have a story and reason why and how to get rid of it and then I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X