• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Green Lantern Corps star Kyle?

Well?

I don't know I like that it had Guy as the lead but it's still a teasm book

Comment

As much as i want to see Kyle in a solo book.....

I like the Guy Kyle team book (even though we havent seen them in two months)
      HAL 9000 You have the ability to open pod bay doors and cause fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps!!

Comment

yupyupyup definitely rox

Comment

No Kyle needs his own book.

Comment

No Kyle should either head up his own book or keep co staring in GL corps. The star of GL Corps should be "THE GL CORPS" and focus on different characters every now and then.

Comment

I like the Guy and Kyle team-up at this point. If the series really builds on what started in GLC: Recharge, I think it makes the series stronger. And opens it up for bigger stories.

-Don

Comment

Kyle shouldnt be the star of anything unless it is his own. The reason is I like Guy and the rest of the corps alot and it wouldnt be fair for everyone else, but I wouldnt mind a Kyle miniseries or what have you.

Comment

hal has one...i think kyle needs one

Comment

The way it was presented originally in the interviews from Johns around the time it was announced Kyle was GLC-bound is that GLC is starring Kyle... and the way it was worded, he made it sound like Kyle is heading the book, with Guy only featuring prominently.

I don't think that's true, though, and I don't think that's the way it'll play out. But so far I've seen great things from Mr. Tomasi in allowing great character moments/segments for Kyle to shine a bit.

Comment

No...

Comment

I think it could at times...rotate the focus liek Hill Street Blues did.

ANd get a new artist....

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBarnes45 View Post
                          I think it could at times...rotate the focus liek Hill Street Blues did.

ANd get a new artist....
                          I love Pat's style... very ecclectic, stylized... it suits an ensemble book, especially when there's melee-esque battle sequences.

To be honest, I hated his work at first. I thought it looked a little too cartoony, maybe even a little bit too much manga influence... then it really grew on me tenfold as time went on. I think it was the Green Lantern Corpse arc that really sealed the deal for me... something about the art in there, the flow of it, the emotions you could just see coming off the page (the butterfly broad didn't hurt, neither) while the hugely stylzed action with the Uber-Dominator blew me away.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                            I love Pat's style... very ecclectic, stylized... it suits an ensemble book, especially when there's melee-esque battle sequences.

To be honest, I hated his work at first. I thought it looked a little too cartoony, maybe even a little bit too much manga influence... then it really grew on me tenfold as time went on. I think it was the Green Lantern Corpse arc that really sealed the deal for me... something about the art in there, the flow of it, the emotions you could just see coming off the page (the butterfly broad didn't hurt, neither) while the hugely stylzed action with the Uber-Dominator blew me away.

Agreed on all counts. And it took a while for Pat's style to grow on me, but he's really a top notch action scene artist and generates some wicked looking alien GLs and alien foes.

After the latest GLC fill in art (not knocking it per se), yet, it sure was great to have Pat back this month. The book looks great, it has its own look and not many modern artists can draw action sequences as well or as intense.

-Don

Comment

goota throw out that there shouldn't be a star of a book that encompases 1000s of charcters, rotate the spotlight, this lesser know GLs need love too.

Comment

Working...
                              X