Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ryan Reynolds have the grativas to play Hal Jordan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or vice versa
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
      It seems that Scarlett Johansson finds Ryan lacking.
      Perhaps, though I kind of doubt it had anything to do with his level of "gravitas".

Speaking of which, I'm not getting the feeling, from what I've seen in the preview, that they are going a route with Hal that REQUIRES a great deal of gravitas. I mean how much of a dignified, serious bearing does it require to pull off lines like, "Now let's get these pants off and fly some planes"?

Comment

Yes, the part seems to be written with no gravitas, which is an inaccuracy introduced by the writers. But does Ryan have the gravitas to be convincing as Hal?

You know, I think Christopher Reeve was a great Clark Kent, but his Superman just didn't cut it for me. I wouldn't say it was a lack of gravitas on his part, but a lack of screen presence. He just didn't cut the figure he should have.
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-15-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Again Yes.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Well he is no Nathan Fillion, but he will do.
            Spiral power shining bright!
            Anti-spirals flee from sight!
            Piercing heavens near and far!
            Green Lantern Corps, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

Comment

Originally posted by MasonACBB View Post
              Might wanna have a mod fix the title to "Gravitas". I don't think "Grativas" exist. Never know, unless Hal Jordan drinks some weird "Grativas" soda from Portugal or something.
              I'm leaving it.
              [center]

Originally posted by W.West
              DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick1812 View Post
                Well he is no Nathan Fillion, but he will do.
                You think WB should cast major motion pictures based on fan vid?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  You think WB should cast major motion pictures based on fan vid?
                  No I just think Nathan Fillion would make an awesome Hal Jordan.
                  Spiral power shining bright!
                  Anti-spirals flee from sight!
                  Piercing heavens near and far!
                  Green Lantern Corps, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

Comment

I thought everyone knew what gravitas meant. Or at least how to look up the definition on Google.

Comment

I thought everyone knew what gravitas meant. Or at least how to look up the definition on Google.
                      Yeah gravitas is easy to define, as for what you put in the thread title "grativas" is hard to find info on.
                      Superlantern
                      mmmm Beer!
                      Last edited by Superlantern; 01-02-2011, 01:28 AM.

Comment

I think he'll do alright.

Comment

Why?

Comment

You know, I think Christopher Reeve was a great Clark Kent, but his Superman just didn't cut it for me. I wouldn't say it was a lack of gravitas on his part, but a lack of screen presence. He just didn't cut the figure he should have.
                            i agree with ya on this, and think Christopher Reeves (RIP) was a great actor, but i didn't feel him as Supes though ... however, his courage after the accident made it appropriate for people to attach the 'Super' to him ...

Comment

F' that. Quasar would kick Superman and GL's arse!
                              - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

Reynolds is a fantastic casting. However, I think people are looking down on it for the writing and the special effects. Sometimes less is more. And in the case of this movie....the special effects need toned down big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X