No announcement yet.

Green Lantern HBO Max series cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern HBO Max series cancelled?

Might be!

https://cosmicbook.news/green-lanter...VyOpDwL619XFEQ

Please let this be true!!!!!!

Comment

Screw that show, I hope it never comes to be. Real Green Lantern fans may just be about to dodge a giant yellow bullet!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
        Screw that show, I hope it never comes to be. Real Green Lantern fans may just be about to dodge a giant yellow bullet!
        That's pretty much how I feel about it. As soon as they announced the casting calls I feel like I know exactly what the show will be like... which is not good.

Comment

As much as I want to see this show, I've never taken it's production as a certainty. The fate of this show goes far beyond any entertainment value. It's caught in the middle of corporate restructuring, which has already claimed some victims. The future of HBO Max will have to be settled before GLC even has a chance.

Comment

Yeah, I have no interest in the show. I don't watch any of the comic book shows and like almost no modern television. I don't want to be a bad sport and say it would be good if it wasn't made, but it actually does suit me. If it were made, I would probably feel like I have to watch it just because it's GL, but I know I would've hated it based on everything I heard about it.

Comment

Here's the harsh truth of the matter: DC fans should buckle up for a rough ride in the coming years. After recent events, it seems that most projects are in flux and we're likely to get less live-action content in the near future. Cash cows like Aquaman 2 and Batman 2 will happen, but it's difficult to say what will happen with other projects if Discovery is willing to nix movies like Batgirl & possibly Supergirl.

There's already a dwindling amount of DC content on TV. Titans is filming Season 4. Stargirl's 3rd season is set to premiere. Superman & Lois has been renewed for Season 3, but it's an effects-heavy show, so is it 100% safe? I don't know. I'd like all of these shows to continue, but, as Yoda would say, clouded their futures are.

Comment

Yeah, it's likely for the best that this doesn't get made. It actually seems like someone with some sense might be running things now. Maybe. We'll have to wait and see, but canceling all these projects definitely seems like a step in the right direction.

People generally don't like seeing properties they love represented poorly and misrepresented, and it seems like DC had a bizarre fetish for doing just that.
                Star-Lantern
                Weaponer of Qward
                Last edited by Star-Lantern; 08-04-2022, 01:46 PM.
                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Wait, you mean there was no market demand for Green Lantern starring a gay Alan?

Who would have thought it?

Comment

Hard to believe, but I havent waited my whole life to see live action 1940s Alan Scott using the plight of closeted gay men as a story vehicle. No thanks.

Comment

if this is true (and i think it is) it's for the best, i for one would of liked to see it (for free) BUT i had no hope what-so-ever for this show so.............

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                        Hard to believe, but I havent waited my whole life to see live action 1940s Alan Scott using the plight of closeted gay men as a story vehicle. No thanks.
                        Or Guy Gardner being rolled out as the misguided dumb white male foil.

Originally posted by Emerald Enthusiast View Post
                        Here's the harsh truth of the matter: DC fans should buckle up for a rough ride in the coming years. After recent events, it seems that most projects are in flux and we're likely to get less live-action content in the near future. Cash cows like Aquaman 2 and Batman 2 will happen, but it's difficult to say what will happen with other projects if Discovery is willing to nix movies like Batgirl & possibly Supergirl.
                        Of course they're willing to nix Batgirl. That wasn't going to make any money. The test audience scores put it at like 30%. Plus it wasn't ready and they'd have to spend another 50 million to promote it.

So WB is no longer willing to just throw tons of money at projects that they know will fail but include the first trans/insert race/gender identity. Good for them.

There's already a dwindling amount of DC content on TV. Titans is filming Season 4. Stargirl's 3rd season is set to premiere. Superman & Lois has been renewed for Season 3, but it's an effects-heavy show, so is it 100% safe? I don't know. I'd like all of these shows to continue, but, as Yoda would say, clouded their futures are.
                        Legends of Tomorrow being gone? GOOD! That show used to be incredible but has sucked ass for maybe 4 solid seasons now. Same with The Flash. Unrecognizable from even the Thinker season, which was the last one I enjoyed. Cancel all of this garbage.

Titans LOOKS like ass but maybe it's OK. I doubt it. I can't take Stargirl seriously without flashbacks to the hundreds of Geoff Johns interviews over the years where he forcibly reminds us that Stargirl is named after his dead sister and how amazing that is. I actually really enjoy Superman & Lois and I dug the revelation that it's Arrowverse free.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Legends of Tomorrow being gone? GOOD! That show used to be incredible but has sucked ass for maybe 4 solid seasons now. Same with The Flash. Unrecognizable from even the Thinker season, which was the last one I enjoyed. Cancel all of this garbage.

Titans LOOKS like ass but maybe it's OK. I doubt it. I can't take Stargirl seriously without flashbacks to the hundreds of Geoff Johns interviews over the years where he forcibly reminds us that Stargirl is named after his dead sister and how amazing that is. I actually really enjoy Superman & Lois and I dug the revelation that it's Arrowverse free.
                          I used to watch the four core arrowverse shows and all but Arrow i fell off before they ended. I like Superman & Lois but, some of the kid drama they throw into it is kind of annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

So WB is no longer willing to just throw tons of money at projects that they know will fail but include the first trans/insert race/gender identity. Good for them.

Recognizing diversity isn't just a DC phenomenon, it's modern storytelling. But this really isn't just about a particular project's content.

This restructuring is starting to feel like a fire sale. Discovery might overhaul everything and hit the hard reboot button, or they could conceivably sell the DC IPs. If someone like Disney decided to put in a bid like they did for Star Wars, then we could see a huge shift for the DC Universe.

I don't kdon'what's going to happen, but my main concern right now is DC Infinite. I love having the DC library at my fingertips, and I don't want that to vanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Enthusiast View Post

Recognizing diversity isn't just a DC phenomenon, it's modern storytelling.
                              Boy, that's sure what they're trying to ram down. And no, forced diversity where you can't go an issue without tripping over LGBTQ stuff isn't representation... it's misrepresentation. The whole globe isn't all like San Francisco, no matter how much they'd like it to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X