EARTH 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
    Oh come ON. Kyle has about ZERO claim to Alan Scott and Jade. They are speedbumps in his history, and both firmly belong with the JSA family and any Earth 2 scenario DC does. It's like the Fantastic Four laying a claim on Wolverine because he was briefly a member.
    Speedbumps.... REALLY? Alan was the one to explain EVERYTHING to Kyle in the Zero Hour tie in, and was not only a mentor to Kyle but to several heroes in the DCU. Jade was only Kyle's better half for over half of his career [issues 89-177].

I'd argue Kyle was influenced more by Alan and Jade than the Corps up until the Sinestro Corps War.

~KL~

Comment

They had a place in Kyle's GL book, but that was a long, long time ago. I wish Alan and Jade appeared more in the GL books, but they don't. And maybe there really isn't room for them.

This book ... I dunno. So I guess that other Earth-2 is retconned out of existence.

I guess I'll give this title a shot, but if it's about the JSA on Earth-2 I think I'll finally just stop collecting them. I have no interest in collecting a series that only relates to the series I've been following for so long in name only. Sad part is, I don't even feel like we've lost anything witht he JSA being so damned inconsistant for so, so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
        But they are not part of the DCNU, they are in Earth 2.
        But isn't Earth-2 part of the DCnU?????

Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
          But isn't Earth-2 part of the DCnU?????

I'd say so.

Comment

If Karen Starr shows up in Mr. Terrific will she be Power Girl on JSA?
            Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

So there will be a JSA, but it will be completely detached from any and all JSA stories from the past 25 years.

Y'know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say the DCnU was a reboot. But that CAN'T be true, because DC told us emphatically that it isn't a reboot AT ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                Speedbumps.... REALLY? Alan was the one to explain EVERYTHING to Kyle in the Zero Hour tie in, and was not only a mentor to Kyle but to several heroes in the DCU. Jade was only Kyle's better half for over half of his career [issues 89-177].

I'd argue Kyle was influenced more by Alan and Jade than the Corps up until the Sinestro Corps War.

~KL~
                Don't misunderstand me...I'm saying ALAN is too important to hogtie him to Kyle. The man has shit to do. And Kyle has had his own stuff to do anyway, as his success didn't come from Alan's appearances in the book. That whole mentor/student relationship came off as forced anyway.

Comment

Jade seemed forced, but Alan seemed natural. Especially since their first meeting came right after Alan went to OA with Guy and others to see what was up with the GLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                    Jade seemed forced, but Alan seemed natural.
                    That's because it was. Alan and Kyle had something in common at the time, neither were a part of a larger Corps. And with Jade... she WAS forced into the title after Byrne just HAD to have Donna in Wonder Woman.

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                      And with Jade... she WAS forced into the title after Byrne just HAD to have Donna in Wonder Woman.

~KL~
                      Imagine that...wanting a Wonder Woman character to appear in a Wonder Woman book. Those bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                        Imagine that...wanting a Wonder Woman character to appear in a Wonder Woman book. Those bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                          She was used as canon-fodder! And having her ex husband and kid die off panel just made her departure seem even more half assed.

~KL~

Comment

The thing is... Donna could have appeared in Byrne's Wonder Woman run without that silly embargo that prevented Ron Marz from using her as a supporting character in Green Lantern. In fact, that method would have produced a synergy between the titles, readers from one book might have tried out the other one.

Ah, well, that's all in the past now anyway.

What I'd like to know is if the upcoming Shade maxiseries will be placed on Earth 2 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              The thing is... Donna could have appeared in Byrne's Wonder Woman run without that silly embargo that prevented Ron Marz from using her as a supporting character in Green Lantern. In fact, that method would have produced a synergy between the titles, readers from one book might have tried out the other one.

Ah, well, that's all in the past now anyway.

What I'd like to know is if the upcoming Shade maxiseries will be placed on Earth 2 as well?
                              I thought about the Shade thing a couple hours ago too. I'd be down for a Starman of some kind to show up in the mainstream DCnU. I'm partial to the masked Thom from LoSH but I know that'll never happen. A modern Ted Knight would be cool but also not likely, same goes for Jack. I don't see Mikaal [spelling?] as a headliner....

~KL~

Comment

Audio: James Robinson talks upcoming JSA, Shade, his Justice League run and more

""It's not what people are expecting but hopefully people will come around to liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X