alan series set in his old time frame the 1940s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alan series set in his old time frame the 1940s

id like to see alan get a series of his own and be taken out of the mainstream heroes universe where the series would be restarted with him on his own as a very mysterious character in a very gritty time period no mention of the glc he gets the magic lantern and starts the green lantern name on his own i think it will never happen but hey its a great idea in my opinion

No need to rewrite history, go find some old issues. I think some of his stuff is collected in Archives/Showcase too. Its a good idea conceptually but I find it too risky. The boundaries on it would be limited and I don't really think it has a long term audience.

Comment

I'd prefer an Alan Scott:GL ongoing set now. See how an older hero works in the modern day. It can be co-featured with a Jay Garrick: The Flash ongoing of equal size.

Come listen to our cast, and have a ball while you're at it! : D

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        No need to rewrite history, go find some old issues. I think some of his stuff is collected in Archives/Showcase too. Its a good idea conceptually but I find it too risky. The boundaries on it would be limited and I don't really think it has a long term audience.
        your right it probably wouldnt work in the long term maybe a miniseries of flashbacks but with new stories we havent heard or read before i want to see alan when he was young ......

Comment

He is still pretty young in terms of body.

Comment

hes young physically but mentally he has decades of experience i want to see how he reacts to different situations when he was younger and less mature when he hadnt experienced 6 decades or however long he has been around

Comment

I'd like to read his old stuff, but it's pretty expensive... What would you think if they re-did/restored it? Or just Kept the old ones and republished them...? OR, what if they too the old comics and used newer pictures?

Comment

yeah new pics and newer experiences, new stories set in that classic time period so we would get to see how alan was back then when he hadnt fought solomon grundy 100 times and maybe make some new characters he fought in the past

Comment

maybe it could be called untold stories of alan scott green lantern the emerald sentinel.........before alan had children before alan got old........make him mysterious and mystical.......youthful......i really liked when alan scott was given his youth back and he was working a bit with kyle

Comment

Actually I wouldn't mind a mini or maxi about the Alan and the JSA durring WWII it would be cool. Besides you never go wrong with a Fightin Nazi story

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                      Actually I wouldn't mind a mini or maxi about the Alan and the JSA durring WWII it would be cool. Besides you never go wrong with a Fightin Nazi story

Darth_Andrea
                      Except that Hitler had the Spear of Destiny which prevented super heroe's powers from working within Germany's sphere of influence. And that bit of trivia is still canon as shown in a recent JSA adventure.

Of course he could still fight spies.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post

So I take it you'll be skipping Secret Origins 2 when it finally comes out?

Comment

I would like to see Alan have a more prominent roll in the current GL series, or even re-tell his original story with all new art, but pretty much use the same story lines. Hell, I can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars for each of his original issues to read the story.

Comment

I say give him a Vertigo series along the lines of Sandman Mystery Theatre.
                            The last fan of 1990s comics
                            Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I agree with the Vertigo/Sandman Mystery Theatre concept, but with more of a Noir sensibility including replacing the cape with a trenchcoat, or going with more of an Indiana Jones-type of look.

Comment

Working...
                              X