Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Parallax/Hal ran into Sinestro...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If Parallax/Hal ran into Sinestro...

    OK, since we now know that the Sinestro Hal killed in #50 was just some kind of projection of the real Sinestro, still inside the Power Battery or inside Qward. So... the whole time, from #50 into Zero Hour, Parallax View, and even Final Night... Sinestro is out there somewhere, watching Hal as Parallax, right?

    Are we now to believe had Sinestro simply shown himself before Hal/Parallax in this time between #50 and Final Night, Hal/Parallax would have just instantly bowed to Sinestro like Kyle/Parallax does in the Sinestro Special?

    Something to chew on.

  • #2
    That depends on when the Parallax concept got "reimagined" or retconned or whatever, as to how Sinestro would have reacted. Could be Sinestro was killed and GJ just came up with a way that fit his Rebirth concept to bring him (and ultimately everybody) back.

    I think that is probably how it happened, so I don't see the writers involved in the projects included in your question changing Hal's behavior much.

    Comment


    • #3
      I know that's probably what GJ did, my question is just of the continuity right now... everything retconned as it is right now... how would Hal have reacted had he run into Sinestro as Parallax between Zero Hour and Final Night?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        OK, since we now know that the Sinestro Hal killed in #50 was just some kind of projection of the real Sinestro, still inside the Power Battery or inside Qward. So... the whole time, from #50 into Zero Hour, Parallax View, and even Final Night... Sinestro is out there somewhere, watching Hal as Parallax, right?

        Are we now to believe had Sinestro simply shown himself before Hal/Parallax in this time between #50 and Final Night, Hal/Parallax would have just instantly bowed to Sinestro like Kyle/Parallax does in the Sinestro Special?

        Something to chew on.
        Not at all. We all 'know' Par(Hal)lax when written by Marz wasn't a yellow bug; but the Hal version seemed urged by fear to protect or make a perfect world but what Hal did never had anything to do w/ spreading fear unless you mean the fear he instilled in the JLA every time he stomped a mud hole in them. The Kyle version seems a little more under the bug's concern he is going to be all about spreading fear, the way the one shot is described Kyle is held captive by the bug. Hal had more a whispering in the ear type of control. So to answer your question Hal would kill him again w/o a second's hesitation or at least force the bug to reveal itself to stop him.

        Comment


        • #5
          oh course, another reason retconn are dumb, if the idea that sinestro never really died in #50, than why didnt he ever reveal himself or try to hatch a plot? because it was wrote in to justify Hal

          Comment


          • #6
            Well let's see Sinestro lead to the downfall of Hal, the destruction of the GLC, the death of the guardians and he managed to get away with it all by faking his death. Why would he reveal himself after Hal died in FN, only Kyle was left to deal with him and we know what Sinestro's opinions of him are. Sinestro would look at that as a win he destroys Hal's reputation, get revenge on the guardians, and all that is left of the GLC is an alley rat he wins and never has to face the repercussions of his actions. Until Rebirth when Hal returns, Sinestro has no reason to expose himself to the world when he would make himself a target again by other heroes if they knew that he had a hand in ET.
            "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
              Well let's see Sinestro lead to the downfall of Hal, the destruction of the GLC, the death of the guardians and he managed to get away with it all by faking his death. Why would he reveal himself after Hal died in FN, only Kyle was left to deal with him and we know what Sinestro's opinions of him are. Sinestro would look at that as a win he destroys Hal's reputation, get revenge on the guardians, and all that is left of the GLC is an alley rat he wins and never has to face the repercussions of his actions. Until Rebirth when Hal returns, Sinestro has no reason to expose himself to the world when he would make himself a target again by other heroes if they knew that he had a hand in ET.
              Ok, the idea is that sinestro control people who are possessed by parallax(through fear i guess) than why fight Hal during ET. why not just use him rule the world or whatever these lunatics do. if you go with the idea that he got a win, than its like sayin, well sinestro had the chance, he had the winning hand but didnt take it, because no one was left but kyle

              Comment


              • #8
                What was the ultimate prepose, what was the ultimate goal? if it was to destroy the corps and ruining Hal's rep(i doubt it) that seems a little short sighted for sin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                  Not at all. We all 'know' Par(Hal)lax when written by Marz wasn't a yellow bug; but the Hal version seemed urged by fear to protect or make a perfect world but what Hal did never had anything to do w/ spreading fear unless you mean the fear he instilled in the JLA every time he stomped a mud hole in them. The Kyle version seems a little more under the bug's concern he is going to be all about spreading fear, the way the one shot is described Kyle is held captive by the bug. Hal had more a whispering in the ear type of control. So to answer your question Hal would kill him again w/o a second's hesitation or at least force the bug to reveal itself to stop him.
                  and this is the truth, the yellow bug crap was a ruse, it was really not needed and a waste when there could of been other stories being told

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok, the idea is that sinestro control people who are possessed by parallax(through fear i guess) than why fight Hal during ET. why not just use him rule the world or whatever these lunatics do. if you go with the idea that he got a win, than its like sayin, well sinestro had the chance, he had the winning hand but didnt take it, because no one was left but kyle

                    No Sinestro controls Parallax and guided him to infect Hal who wasn't fully possesed like Kyle is now because of Hal's will. But Sinestro did win he did destroy Hal's reputation, the guardians, and the GLC, and Sinestro never cared about Kyle he was nothing to him him and attacking him would make him a target which would be useless since he achived his goal of getting revenge on all of those who stripped him of the ring and his duties.
                    "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      OK, once again-
                      What was the ultimate prepose, what was the ultimate goal? if it was to destroy the corps and ruining Hal's rep(i doubt it) that seems a LITTLE SHORT SIGHTED FOR SINESTRO???

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One of the biggest battles of the 90s, and he just wanted pay back, Come on...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pre-Rebirth he would've destroyed him, literally obliterating him out of existance. Of course he was already dead Pre-Rebirth.
                          Post-Rebirth he would've "really" gone mad, and likely been able to break away from the entity sooner. Kinda dumb, really.
                          Do good. Be well. Make happy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It don't matter cuz it was a bunch of clusterf*** retcon trash anyway

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If Hal met Sinestro during that time he would kneel to his master, since Sinestro was controlling him anyway.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X