Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many folks quit reading Lantern comics after Twilight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many folks quit reading Lantern comics after Twilight?

I know I did.
    I quit reading
    39.13%
    I kept on reading, I have no taste
    60.87%

No, you did not. You have admitted to reading the Ion series and the Power of Ion arc in the GL series, stop with this nonsense, HalFing.
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Methinks thou dost protest too much HalFing.

Comment

I kept reading...

i knew they would bring back Hal at some point, he was too much of a kick ass character to loose

M

Comment

I CONTINUED reading Green Lantern after ET and if anything more feverently than before since I could now identify with the main character.

Comment

Yeah this poll is not biased at all.
            I kept reading but won't vote on this poll it is a little too one sided for my taste. I thought the reason for a poll was to get a real evaluation not to prove a point in your favor either way.

Comment

I'll just ask to expand on this slightly...

if you kept on reading after ET, what did you think of Hal's death in Final Night?

M

Comment

Originally posted by methos View Post

if you kept on reading after ET, what did you think of Hal's death in Final Night?

M
                Awesome. I wish all my favorite characters could go out like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JMW326 View Post
                  Yeah this poll is not biased at all.
                  I kept reading but won't vote on this poll it is a little too one sided for my taste. I thought the reason for a poll was to get a real evaluation not to prove a point in your favor either way.
                  Agreed, I'm not voting in a biased poll, the "I have taste" shit is childish

Comment

I did and never picked up another issue until Rebirth #1.
                    "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Kept on reading. in fact, if something like ET hadn't happened i might have dropped the book altogether. The whole Montoya Bay Charter service Carol/Hal/Olivia thing was seriously sending me into snooze land (no wonder Flash was my favorite back then)
                      Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

The only issues I picked up had Guy crossovers, yeah I know shocker!

Comment

I stuck it out until the funeral issue. Then I dropped it. I came crawling back when they did Emerald Knights around #100, and stayed with it. And yes, I went back and bought everything I missed during my sabbatical. So, like a year and a half.

Comment

I actually started reading AND collected my Hal Jordan issues (including the Third Law arc) after Emerald Twilight.

Before that, Green Lantern was just this character I knew from Superfriends. As Parallax, I thought there was a unique aspect to Hal's character that differentiated him from other heroes. I was shocked, I admit to find that this guy I saw last fighting Mongul was an antihero.

Honestly, I was of the opinion that the Final Night should have been the end of Hal's story... since I didn't care for the "resurrected Spectre Hal" storyline. Rebirth changed a little bit of that idea, but boring square-jawed Hal is coming back again.

Comment

Originally posted by methos View Post

M
                              An absolute perfect end... but, of course... it wasn't the end... now, was it?

I post this image way too often, don't I?
                              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X