Brightest day, sink or swim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brightest day, sink or swim?

Geoff John is not that good on followup event. look at the amazing braniac event. that was great. good characterization, good plot, great story (there is some retcon happened, but overall it's still a great read). than look at what comes after that. the new krypton plot. new krypton was dull. it's not bad, it's just plain and bland. it doesn't have much story progression. it doesn't show the full extent of the setting. we didn't learn much about krypton custom, legend, story, looks, flora and fauna. in short, it's a waste of a good opportunity.

brightest day is similar to new krypton in term of number of monthly publication. but unlike new krypton, brightest day would be a bi weekly comic, and GL have 3 monthly book. but in the end, like the 5 superman family book (superman, adventure comics, supergirl, action comics, and new krypton), GL also have 5 monthly book (2 brightest day book, GL, GLC, GL: Emerald Warrior/GLEW). I really hope brightest day and all the tie ins book doesn't suffer the same fate as new krypton.

What do you guys think? would brightest day sink or would it swim?
    superpc
    Guy's Drinking Buddy
    Last edited by superpc; 02-13-2010, 01:11 PM.

i honestly think it'll swim... then get tired and start sinking, and then hopefully start realizing it better start swimmer or it's gonna lose in the end

Comment

I think Brightest Day's success hinges on how Blackest Night ends.

Comment

I think it's hard to compare Blackest Night to Brightest Day when Brightest Day seems to be more of an open-form storytelling akin to 52.

Comment

That and it hasnt even come out yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BF62pYelLU

Comment

Originally posted by Larfleeze92 View Post
            That and it hasnt even come out yet
            exactly!!!! but its gonna swim.. the majority of fans are gonna be seeing at least one characer they totally love back from the dead
            HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Yeah, but they have plainly stated that Blackest Night leads into Brightest Day. If the end of Blackest Night is garbage, not nearly as many people will read Brightest Day. ...Except maybe for the return of Aquaman.

Comment

I think Geoff has done a great job following up events, but regardless BD will either sink or swim based on the quality of the writting and how it holds up bi weekly and what it's about. Honestly right now we know way too little about it for any real disccusion as to how it will do hell BN isn't even over yet give it time.
                "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

If it sinks it will sink like the Titanic, in that it will look massive and awesome, but still have no plot. Either way it's way too early for this topic.

Comment

How can we know if its a year long project, even when its a 3rd way in you still wont know, DC have comminted to it anyway, so it dont matter if you like it or not, its what you will be reading in DC till 2011.

Which is why Im pulling out, DC will get my money in trades if it turns out good.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

I think it will sell.

I for one will be picking it up second hand.
                      "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

Okay, we tie it to a rock, if it drowns we know it be Human, but if it floats. IT BE A WITCH!

BURN THE WITCH!

Comment

If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.

Comment

:sigh: its not out yet but i to have doubts it can go either way if you ask me
                            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

i dont consider Brightest Day books as GL books

Comment

Working...
                              X