No announcement yet.

who is NEKRON! *Possible Spoilers from Blackest Night #8*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting theory. I hadn't thought of it and I just looked back at him all chained up by the Indigos with the staff and it does have a striking similarity to what Nekron looks like. With what Andrew said though, I really don't think Geoff will care if Nekron didn't have shackles before. Suff like that didn't stop him from doing a lot of other things.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
      Does Nekron have any connection with Death of the Endless, the Black Racer or the Black Flash? Johns: "He's even beyond death—those other characters facilitate death, but Nekron is emptiness."
      No connection yet.

As described by both creators it seems to me like Nekron and Death of the Endless are described exactly the same. Both being synonimous as "the very concept of death". In practise, though, Nekron is the emptiness that existed before the universe was ever made while the Endless are personifications of concepts the living have. So Nekron might "outrank" Death of the endless by a small margin.

Jhons has confused the Black Racer with the Black Flash in the Flash mini. To him, it seems, they are synonimous beings. They really aren't meant to be. But it'd be accurate to say they facilitate death in the DCU while Nekron (and death of the endless) IS death.
      Gauntlet101010
      Alpha-Lantern
      Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 04-03-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
        Jhons has confused the Black Racer with the Black Flash in the Flash mini. To him, it seems, they are synonimous beings. They really aren't meant to be.
        Morrison stated that before Geoff during Final Crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime View Post
          Morrison stated that before Geoff during Final Crisis.
          They'd BOTH be wrong, then. The Black Racer is an actual guy, in a coma, selected to be death for New Gods. Don't know much about him other than that, but he's definately a seperate guy from the Black Flash, which is roughtly an aspect of the speed force.

Comment

Correct Gauntlet...

the current form of the Black Racer is that of Sgt. Willie Walker, paralyzed and made mute by wounds received during the Vietnam War. When a murder took place outside his window, and the killer came after him as a possible witness, the Black Racer—drawn to Earth as Darkseid brought Apokolips’ war with New Genesis to Earth, and drawn to Sgt. Walker in particular—intervened. The Source, an inimaginable power which drives, or perhaps oversees, the universe, then chose Walker to take on the role of the Black Racer. Findng he could move, he put on the Racer’s armor and became Death’s agent.

Sgt. Walker remains, paralyzed, in his hospital bed, except when Death comes for the New Gods. Then he becomes the Black Racer, able to travel anywhere at the speed of light, bringing the touch of Death.

The Black Flash is a completely different character...

M

Comment

It's been said earlier, but that is a cool concept/theory of Black Hand being Nekron. Or something like the second coming of Nekron, he'll awaken from his indigo trance and most likely kill himself again to get his power back.

The thing is, if William Hand kills himself again, without the Anti-Monitor within the Central Black Power Battery, will he still be able to raise the dead or will his powers revert to what they were in "No Fear", Energy Absorbtion?
              Rockstar Social Club: CircusRock || XBL: Aquaman Returns

Comment

Originally posted by Black Manta View Post
                It's been said earlier, but that is a cool concept/theory of Black Hand being Nekron. Or something like the second coming of Nekron, he'll awaken from his indigo trance and most likely kill himself again to get his power back.

The thing is, if William Hand kills himself again, without the Anti-Monitor within the Central Black Power Battery, will he still be able to raise the dead or will his powers revert to what they were in "No Fear", Energy Absorbtion?
                Not a fan of that theory myself.

I dunno what'd happen if he kille dhimself now. The Gremlins didn't kill him either, they just opened the door inside of him. If he flat-out died without his power awakening, maybe nothing would happen.

Comment

Not a fan of that theory myself.

I dunno what'd happen if he kille dhimself now. The Gremlins didn't kill him either, they just opened the door inside of him. If he flat-out died without his power awakening, maybe nothing would happen.

deadman claimed that nekron is pure enegy with atoms or some science mumbo jumbo and the one thing that really kinda struck me was why did nekron himself bring out the white enity? you would think hed know it would attatch to a host i know he was trying to kill it but you would think hed know that shit
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    deadman claimed that nekron is pure enegy with atoms or some science mumbo jumbo and the one thing that really kinda struck me was why did nekron himself bring out the white enity? you would think hed know it would attatch to a host i know he was trying to kill it but you would think hed know that shit
                    Becuase he wanted to destroy all life everywhere. Down to the last cockroach.

Moreover, if you look at what's actually said, Black Hand says "it's hiding here" just before Nekron teleports to Earth. So the Life Entity was hiding in Coast City all along. Which is a Duce Ex Machina, but that's why Nekron pulls it out where he does - because that's exactly where it is!

Comment

I think a more plausible theory is that it was the Indigo Tribe that first captured Nekron way way waaaaaaaay back when...

Xum

Comment

It's ... not really a theory. It's what the writer of Blackest Night told us about Nekron in an interview.

I mean, I guess it's open for a retcon since it was never said in-universe. But that's not the intention there.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/101/1013816p1.html

IGN Comics: It's hard to not notice the shackles all over him… is there any literal meaning we can derive from that?

Johns: That's all about who he is, where he's from and his existence. Again, he's the reason the Guardians had to protect the universe – he's the first evil that they ever attempted to imprison.

Comment

Interesting theory though the way I read things Hand is chained because he is Nekrons gateway to the living keeping him from ever being a black lantern again shuts the door to Nekron keeping him(if only for a time) sealed back where he came from.

Comment

It's ... not really a theory. It's what the writer of Blackest Night told us about Nekron in an interview.

I mean, I guess it's open for a retcon since it was never said in-universe. But that's not the intention there.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/101/1013816p1.html
                            Yes, Johns stated that the Guardians attempted to imprison Nekron. Black Hand's restraints could suggest that either (a) the Indigo Tribe succeeded where the Guardians failed, or (b) the Guardians succeeded, and the Indigo tribe is another offshoot from the original Guardians.

Those are my theories...

Xum

Comment

Originally posted by Zan_Black_Lantern View Post
                              Interesting theory though the way I read things Hand is chained because he is Nekrons gateway to the living keeping him from ever being a black lantern again shuts the door to Nekron keeping him(if only for a time) sealed back where he came from.
                              You sir, are a genius. They must prevent Black Hand from dying to prevent nekron from having a gateway.

Genius.

Comment

Working...
                              X