• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Emerald Warrior JStewart
    Major Force's Dinner Date

• Emerald Warrior JStewart
    replied
    As a huge John Stewart fan, I'm ok with the purple, but I dont like the costume. They could've done a lot better there. I know he's a military dude and all, but it could've been done better.

Leave a comment:

• Shingo Wol
    Guest replied
    Anybody die?

Leave a comment:

• tommyofshaolin
    Green Lantern Initiate

• tommyofshaolin
    replied
    Originally posted by redjirachi View Post
    .Guy looks cool as a Red Lantern,more pleasing than the one we saw in BN.Sorry guys,I just didn't like the fat face and red face
    .Wow...John Stewart looks both utterly awesome and fail-tastic due to being purple
    .Mogo is now evil.The sextillion tonne planet is now evil.They are screwed
    uh,,,yep

Leave a comment:

• redjirachi
    Star Sapphire's Love Slave

• redjirachi
    replied
    .Guy looks cool as a Red Lantern,more pleasing than the one we saw in BN.Sorry guys,I just didn't like the fat face and red face
    .Wow...John Stewart looks both utterly awesome and fail-tastic due to being purple
    .Mogo is now evil.The sextillion tonne planet is now evil.They are screwed

Leave a comment:

• tommyofshaolin
    Green Lantern Initiate

• tommyofshaolin
    replied
    Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
    Right. We all know it's just to sell the action figures, anyway.
    SADLy, I'm well aware of this fact, and will probably still buy the dang things!

Leave a comment:

• SD80MAC
    Not a True Fan

• SD80MAC
    replied
    Right. We all know it's just to sell the action figures, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Good point about John and the staff. I thought that too while reading it though it didn't stop me from enjoying the ish or anything.

Leave a comment:

• SD80MAC
    Not a True Fan

• SD80MAC
    replied
    I almost forgot. Here's a review: http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...orps-vol-2-59/

Leave a comment:

• HonorGuardLantern423
    Weaponer of Qward

• HonorGuardLantern423
    replied
    This issue was awesome, mostly because Guy just wanted to kill some people. His Redness is still beastly. Funny that Kyle can't stop charging the greens, but I have a feeling he will be integral in making them come to their senses. The only real complaint I have about this issue is that John being a soldier is getting a little annoying, especially his purple costume. Why did we have to change his origin again? Anyways solid issue with a UBER nice ending. I gave it a 4.

Leave a comment:

• Thaal Jordan
    Green Lantern Initiate

• Thaal Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
    But why would they let him keep the ring then, if he went rogue? If they made him honor guard to keep a tab on him, but get him out of 2814, I can see that because it still keeps him a GL. But if he did his duty, the Corps sees him as a hero for it, they might be hard pressed to strip him of his ring, but not if he openly went rogue.
    Who said anything about the Guardians letting him keep his ring? Do I have to spell everything out? If the Guardians plan to take Hal's ring as punishment, then assuming Hal doesn't want to give it up. Hal then puts up a fight, escapes OA with his ring and goes solo. Atrocitus prophecy comes to pass. Hal is now considered a "dangerous GL" by the Guardians. And now there is a need for a new GL of Sector 2814. See how everything fits? How the clues all add up and fit in this case?

The Guardians would be hard pressed to strip him of his ring? Are you freaking kidding me? The Guardians are known for doing whatever the hell they want. No matter how unreasonable or absurd it may be. So please don't make me laugh. If they think Hal is unstable, then they will strip him of his ring. Have you already forgotten that they just ordered Salaak & Co. to arrest Hal Jordan before all of this shit happened? They won't give a rat's ass what the GL Corps would think. Book it.

I agree they are strong hints about it being Sinestro, unless the new action figure ends up being Sinestro as Parallax host or something. They would still have to explain why he would be a GL of Sector 2814 though since that isn't his sector, but they might be able to do that by saying because of his past transgressions on Korugar, he could never represent that sector again. And I still have a hard time seeing the Guardians approve of that move. But we also don't know what the Guardians will be like after this arc, so that might answer many of these questions, though seemingly they will still be alive and in charge based on the future scene of them plotting against Hal.
    That's exactly how I see it. There's no way Korugar would accept Sinestro being a GL of their Sector. And I honestly don't think Sinestro would like to hold that position again anyway. Since he worked so hard by putting on a show to make the people accept Natu as their (Korugars) Green Lantern. And besides, there is no vacancy for the GL position in Sector 1417 (Korugar's sector). And even if it did, I honestly doubt Natu would simply obey and accept to be paired with Sinestro. I'd bet she'd rather quit the Corps than to partner with him. And I doubt that Sinestro would want his daughter quitting the GLC.

Now here's a question, if Hal is still a member of the GLC, then could you give me a possible reason for why the Guardians would offer Sinestro a GL ring again? Because if you can't, then I really don't know where you're getting this Hal and Sinestro partnering up again thing. Or maybe you just want to believe that THAT will happen so that is how you read the evidence even when you can't come up with a plausible explanation for it yourself?

The explanation would be easy enough for why they wouldn't essentially "promote from within" by taking another honor guard lantern and sticking them back to 2814. The honor guard is more important to them, and the members of that group are more valuable going on whatever missions the Guardians seem fit than just normal patrol duty.
    Are you kidding me? What important Honor Guard missions are you talking about here? Unless I'm misremembering, the only missions I remember from them are PERSONAL MISSIONS and not missions that the Guardians assigned to them. Guy simply suckered the Guardians into allowing him to go on a mission that unbeknownst to the Guardians, was based on the secret pact he had with Ganthet & Atrocitus. Kyle went on a personal mission to find and talk to Sinestro because of his personal mission to save Natu. Then John went on a personal mission to assist and go with Kyle to freaking Qward to rescue Natu. So are these the IMPORTANT missions of Honor Guard you were talking about?

They released Sinestro in ET because he was deemed the lesser of the two evils at the time. Yes, the Guardians being irrational could make that decision again now, which is probably why they will unleash the chained figure (presumably the "first" lantern) to take Hal down. I am not sure if replacing Hal with Sinestro would be a smart plan for the Guardians. Teaming them could make sense, possibly, only because they are so diametrically opposed, they would keep an eye on each other. Checks and balances.
    Which fit perfectly with what I am trying to say if Hal goes solo and cuts his ties with the Guardians. And this would also be exactly why the Guardians would offer Sinestro a GL ring again. They would now deem Sinestro as the lesser of two evils. And they would also get a replacement GL for Sector 2814. They would hit two birds with one stone. And let's not forget that the Hal being "unstable & dangerous" thing is simply according to the Guardians. Them saying Hal is dangerous could mean squat and completely be based just on their fears and not based on something Hal has done or has become.

Like I said, we will see. I could see for a brief story arc Hal losing his ring, but not for very long. I still think the evidence points more to Kyle than Hal. Maybe that is who is going to get Hal's blue ring (Saint Walker's original) once the current blue ring goes back to Walker, or maybe Saint Walker will just get his original back.
    If Kyle is the one who leaves, presumably by switching to the Blue, then this may practically be the end for Kyle and we won't see him regularly in a GL Book anymore. Because the Guardians surely wouldn't want anyone from the GLC to be hanging around with members of the other colored Corps. And if they simply put Kyle as a Special Feature in the GLC book, then how in the hell could they make an interesting story with a Blue Lantern who could only fly and have protective aura due to not being around a GL? See the problems with Kyle being the one who leaves?
    Thaal Jordan
    Green Lantern Initiate
    Last edited by Thaal Jordan; 04-23-2011, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Corwin

• Corwin
    replied
    Originally posted by kelborn3 View Post
    After finishing this issue, the first thing that came to
    PS Once again Guy rulez
    Amen.

Leave a comment:

• Achernosis
    Blue Entity Host

• Achernosis
    replied
    Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
    Btw if Atrocitus gave his ring to Guy doens´t it means he will die?
    No. It just means Guy needs to give it back and there needs to be a Blue there to clense Guy after he does.

Leave a comment:

• Orion Pax
    Iolande's Bodyguard

• Orion Pax
    replied
    Btw if Atrocitus gave his ring to Guy doens´t it means he will die?

Leave a comment:

• kelborn3
    Sinestro's Sparring Partner

• kelborn3
    replied
    After finishing this issue, the first thing that came to mind was...

U mad Ganthet?

Talk about a pessimistic view of the 4 ones, especially John. At least its kinda insightfull about kyle becoming blue lantern, so he prolly wont die..

PS Once again Guy rulez

Leave a comment:

• Corwin

• Corwin
    replied
    Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
    I could see Sinestro coming back (possibly), but not to replace Hal. If they partnered them up, then the Guardians would know they would essentially have one always watching the other. And since the Guardians would probably never consider they might see eye to eye on anything big, that might work for them until they further their plans to get rid of Hal once and for all.
    Hummm good point...it would completely piss off the Korugarians though...in steps R.E.B.E.L.S?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X