War of the Green Lanterns: Aftermath #2 PREVIEW
    Writer: Tony Bedard
    Artist: Ransom Getty & Andy Smith
    0.00%
    11.11%
    44.44%
    33.33%
    11.11%

Raker is alive? Wasnt he teleported to another Earth with the rest of the New Gods? Im confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
      Raker is alive? Wasnt he teleported to another Earth with the rest of the New Gods? Im confused.
      He still hear on this message board (yes I know what you mean).

Comment

Glad to see reactions about Sinestro like this. I just hope they don't get over their anger toward him too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
          He was never a New God.

Comment

what the hell are they going to do to ganthet!?

Comment

I too am concerned for the well-being of Ganthet. Those other Guardians totally had their rape faces on.

Comment

Did this come out today?

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

yes
                  Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Boring issue again. Continue to dislike the aftermath but may give bedard anoher chance with a better artist and more control on new guardians.

Comment

I wonder if theres still some bit of krona's control left in them.

Comment

Originally posted by evercharmer View Post
                        I too am concerned for the well-being of Ganthet. Those other Guardians totally had their rape faces on.
                        they looked possessed or just saw The Precious
                        Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

I thought it was good. Rushed, though. Stewart really didn't face any reprucussions from killing Mogo. And Kyle never has any reason to accept what he did (which he kinda does in GLC). So that's disappointing.

I noticed last issue that Vath still had Isamot's legs .... they were just drawn like normal legs. Here I noticed he didn't even had that. Hm. Also noticed that centaur isn't an Alpha Lantern anymore. Background GLs: don't be sad when they die or get changed, it rarely stays that way.

Soranik's anger at Kyle in GLC make mnore sense witht his issue in place. Although it still seems to come out of nowhere, really. Honestly, it seems like it's the result of most of his breakups: the editors decided to tear them apart so that one or the other can get a book.

The ring sticking on Sinestro's finger despite the Guardian's will is fine for making him have a GL ring, but I still don't get how he's inducted into the Corps. Again, I wish the issue made that plain as well.

The issue is okay, but only that. It gets everyone where they need to be for DCNU. And I guess they need a couple of setup issues just for that. I'd hate for Atrocitus and Ganthet to happen off panel. We see Saint Walker have a nice chat with Ganthet, some strife in the Corps, and freaked out Guardians ... and we needed to see that, despite it being kind of dull. And we see Mogo buried, proving a bit of closure to the most dramatic scene of War.

Still, seeing Ganthet get blindsided nearly saved the issue. Didn't see that coming.

Comment

Quite enjoyed this. As others have said, it was nice to get some proper fallout, with Sinestro being a GL, and the other Lanterns' reactions to it. Kyle and Soranik's fallout did kind've come out of nowhere overall, but this issue certainly helped make the last issue of GLC a bit less jarring. I agree with Gauntlet though, ultimately most of Kyle's relationships seem doomed by editorial decree.

Best part for me was Kyle owning Vath. A really nice moment reminding the other Lanterns that this wasn't some rookie they were facing. I'm almost sorry we didn't get to see a bit more of that fight.

Comment

Kyle owning Vath? Man what a load of bullshit. How can a artist defeat a professional soldier in combat? Vath should have knocked his clock easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X