Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Hal getting back together with Carol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hal getting back together with Carol?

Reading one of Geoff's interviews, it sounds like it may go that way. Personally, I would be against that...that pairing just feels a little played-out to me. If they keep hyping Hal as a love-em and leave-em ladies man, why do they keep saddling him with Carol?

Besides, isn't she married? Good thing she doesn't live in the Marvel Universe. You can't get divorced there...you gotta make a deal with the devil.
    Yes
    53.13%
    No
    46.88%

She split up with her husband, as was noted in the Star Sapphire arc, so anything is possible. Although Hal is still with Cowgirl, last we saw anyway.

I'm going with a definite maybe on it right now.

Since it seems like she is going to be a bigger part of the origin story, my guess is that is for a reason.

-Don

Comment

I want cowgirl to be used more because I think she is a good edition to this book

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
        I want cowgirl to be used more because I think she is a good edition to this book
        Anyone vote for both??

We're talking Hal here.

-Don

Comment

Both? Hell, throw Arisia in there too and you got yourself a deal.

One at home

One at the base

One in space

The guy is set!
          sigpic
          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I say pick one and stick with it...
            Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Poor simple minded Hal. Go make a boxing glove ya chump!
              sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

no, no, no it's over let it die

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Never!! He's the Goddamn Batman, he does what he wants when he wants, goddammit!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd be OK with a one-night stand or something to try and rekindle that flame (they're human beings)... but long-term, no. This has been over and done, and then over and done again.

I don't think Hal needs a Lois Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

I don't think Hal needs a Lois Lane.

Unless the character is a lot more interesting than Lois.

Carol had money and power when it wasn't cool for women to be in that role. And, she can fly a plane. And she knows who Hal is and doesn't care.

It is different already.

As far as relationships cycling back through, well, that's pretty realistic. At least watching my friends break up and get back together with women that have completely destroyed them before.

As long as Carol doesn't go back through the Star Saphire route, I'm okay with her being around. The unknowing, possessed super-villain is REALLY a been there, done that in this series.

-Don

Comment

I think Carol is Hal's Lois, except that it's a little more realistic in that it's not *SO* obviously meant to be. And Hal can be involved with different women. For Supes to have been with another woman would've been a major thing.

Due to the serialized nature of comics, I can deal with them being on again, off again as long as they manage to keep it interesting.

Comment

Maybe in the future but for now no, I like him and Cowgirl together.
                          "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Myself, and this is just my oppinion, I want to see the whole Carol Star Saphire thing finaly die. Have it pass to someone else that has no romantic connection to Hal and give him a serious woman villian who he will give to as good as he gets from. Perhaps have her be flirtatious with him even get a bit of a masakistic pleasure out of beating him to a pulp from time to time but no real emotional enganglement.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

I think he should be with Cowgirl. Carol always struck me as being a little too uptight, although it was cool that she ran her own company at a time when most women stayed at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X