Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Hal as the Leader of...*spoiler*

the Blue Lanterns?

Seems very, very interesting. If anyone deserves it, I think it would be Hal.
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

I don't know that he inspires a lot of Hope, does he? I would think that half the universe still distrusts him, in any case.

Comment

Where's this coming from Mav? Just curious. I agree on the mistrust if only from within the Corps. Where-in lies the problem with him becoming a blue, they seem to be created only to support the Greens and power them up. Or would that actually make him more worthy of it? In attempt to regain the trust of the corps he joins the blues to aid the greens? Nah, just keep him as a Green.

I still support my idea, not prediction, that the GL partners of each sector should be offered a blue ring.

Comment

I think Kyle would be more fit for the Blues than Hal. Then again you saw the hope he inspired during the SCW with all of the green lights in the windows...but I still think the fact that a lot of people don't trust him at all is the factor that would keep him from being a blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman-Prime300 View Post
          I think Kyle would be more fit for the Blues than Hal. Then again you saw the hope he inspired during the SCW with all of the green lights in the windows...but I still think the fact that a lot of people don't trust him at all is the factor that would keep him from being a blue.
          Agreed; Kyle makes more sense than Hal.

Comment

Kyle makes perfect sense to be offered a ring. In fact, if Hal gets offered a Blue Ring and Kyle doesn't, that's well insane and Geoff telling us not-so-subtly exactly what he thinks of Kyle.

He was/is called the Torch Bearer for a reason. Kyle brought hope where there was none, carrying the Torch of the Corps for a decade and resurrected the Guardians, reignited/reempowered the Central Power battery, and made it possible for the entirety of the GLC to return... literally bringing Hope to utter hopelessness. What has Hal done of equivalence? Hal's thing is his incredible, no-nonsense handle on Willpower.

That said, though, it's still an offer that needs to be rejected. Politely. But the offer really ought to happen, to Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              Kyle makes perfect sense to be offered a ring. In fact, if Hal gets offered a Blue Ring and Kyle doesn't, that's well insane and Geoff telling us not-so-subtly exactly what he thinks of Kyle.

He was/is called the Torch Bearer for a reason. Kyle brought hope where there was none, carrying the Torch of the Corps for a decade and resurrected the Guardians, reignited/reempowered the Central Power battery, and made it possible for the entirety of the GLC to return... literally bringing Hope to utter hopelessness. What has Hal done of equivalence? Hal's thing is his incredible, no-nonsense handle on Willpower.

That said, though, it's still an offer that needs to be rejected. Politely. But the offer really ought to happen, to Kyle.
              Exactly. I'll be pissed if Hal gets offered one out of the blue(all puns intended) and they don't even consider Kyle at all. And like you said, if that's the case then Geoff's opinon's on Kyle's character will be clear. I'm hoping this isn't the case though.

Comment

I'm sorry, how is it NOT clear already? Hal is far from the symbol of hope. And for GANTHET of all people to offer Hal, not only a ring, but the leadership role? BULLSHIT. Geoff may not hate Kyle but he obviously finds Hal super superior to him. I don't/didn't expect Geoff to just whip Kyle back into the main book for this (needed) occasion but for him use the Blue Lanterns (that almost everyone automatically loves), for a symbol to like Hal even more is just so blatantly fucked up.

Comment

Ganthet and Hal go way back it is no surprise that he offered him a blue ring, Hal will turn it down then it will probably be offered to either Kyle or Superman.
                  "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
                    Ganthet and Hal go way back it is no surprise that he offered him a blue ring
                    As long as it's made clear that Ganthet makes the offer to Hal because they're old pals, not because Hal is some kind of outstanding beacon of hope.

Comment

Well in times past (the era of the Corps that both Geoff and Didio refer to alot) Hal was always the Hope inspiring figure for the GLC. They would be getting their asses handed to them he shows up and it's instant reversal, Moral jumped and they won the day with Hal as leader and Chief Moral Officer. So Ganthet seeing Hal as a Figure of Hope isn't that far removed from what he has been shown as in the history of GL comics.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                        Hal was always the Hope inspiring figure for the GLC. They would be getting their asses handed to them he shows up and it's instant reversal, Moral jumped and they won the day with Hal as leader and Chief Moral Officer.
                        Examples being...?

Comment

Crisis on Infinite Earths comes to mind. Guy and John were both there the whole corps was falling apart, The Guardians were split, and at the beginning Hal was ring less. He get a ring back shows up and BOOM instant ass kicking team with Hal leading again.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

It's true. When Krona came around in Tales of the GLC Hal has a rallying cry and was offered the Crimson banner of something-or-other for his leadership skills. Hal did inspire alot of hope in the Silver Age days. And before Ganthet and Kyle became best of buds, Ganthet and Hal had their own adventure in Ganthet's Tale, where Ganthet let Hal keep the memories of the (now defunct) truth behind the giant hand myth. Ganthey also spent a lot of time with Hal after Parallax view and even offered Hal a green ring again before he reignited the sun.

Like I said earlier tho, taken a certain way just about any GL can be seen as hope-inspiring. I'd really like to see Kyle offered a ring tho. But it doesn't seem to be in the cards. Judging by how the BLs work it's one BL per sector. And Hal and Kyle are from the same sector....

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                              Where's this coming from Mav? Just curious.
                              The last issue
                              sigpic
                              Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                              X