Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Hal becoming Parallax again? (GL #50)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hal becoming Parallax again? (GL #50)

Yes it is mentioned over in the solicits thread, but I think it's a big enough deal that it warrants it's own discussion.

What do you guys think?

My theory, to beat Nekron/the Black Lanterns/destroy the Black Lantern Central Power Battery, all the entities must go into hosts, and all the hosts must unite against the common.

Sodam still has Ion, no mystery there.

Carol will get the Predator, like the Zamarons were already planning two issues ago.

Larfleeze will probably get the Orange Entity.

Indigo-1 or some other compassionate DCU character will get the Indigo Entity. Maybe WW.

The latest solicit for GL seems to directly suggest that Atrocitus is going to either get the Red Entity or be revealed that he's had it all along.

I'm betting Superman gets to shoulder the Blue Entity. Probably not long after getting a Blue Ring.

Which leaves the Parallax Entity.

The obvious thing would be to say, "Oh, Sinestro ought to take on the Parallax entity, Fear is his thing," right? But he has no experience with dealing with it as host.

That leaves Hal. Hal dealt with being possessed by Parallax for a long time and, over time, was even able to override its influence (the Final Night good deeds, his goodwill during the entire Spectre series)... point being, he is the one most equipped to take on Parallax and be able to keep his faculties together.

So I think we'll get a scene, like, Hal calls John, Guy, and Kyle to unite their power batteries, free Parallax, and absorb it to do what needs to be done.

I'm OK with that. I think that could make for a cool scenario/story bit.

interesting theory i guees the saying"Desperate times, Desperate measures" can easily apply to blackest night

Comment

Speachless..
      I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

So I think we'll get a scene, like, Hal calls John, Guy, and Kyle to unite their power batteries, free Parallax, and absorb it to do what needs to be done.

I'm OK with that. I think that could make for a cool scenario/story bit.
        Pretty sure Dragonball has done that a billion times. Its only nice once, in this instance would be incredibly lame.

Comment

as I said in the other thread...

saying that thought if he is to become parallax again then I wonder how he would go about that as in sinestro corps war parallax got split into the 4 earths lanterns and that was done by Ganthet so to Im assuming to make parallax one again so it can take a host would need a gaurdian to release it from all four lanterns....

Just a thought.

Comment

True, had'nt thought of that...if it does take a gaurdian well they're s.o.l because the gaurdians are unavailable at the moment hanging in black ooze

Comment

maybe jordan gets killed and paralax is reintroduced to him maybe were looking at a possible back lantern jordan/ paralax and for all we know sinestro may don the green ring so anythings possible
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I said this in the other post, but maybe Hal takes only the part of Parallax in his battery, allowing him access to a little of Parallax's power, but with a bit more control

Comment

I was thinking Sinestro is so important because hes so skilled he could handle ALL the entities at once, sacrificing hisself to destroy Nekron with all the emotional spectrum power.

But thats just the fan in me talking. Doubt it happens.

Comment

but with Parallax being split between the four earths lanterns, I think I remember when it happened something was said that now parallax is much weaker since it has been spread out between 4 lanterns and sealed inside by Ganthet.

But didnt Ganthet seal parallax in secret and not in front of the other Guardians (I could be wrong, as I forget) but if thats the case then how would the other guardians know where it is as???

Comment

It would bring everything full circle if Geoff uses Parallax

Comment

Comment

No, I think it's just a homage cover to GL #50 from volume 3 and hopefully the last time we get one of those i'm beyond past Hal's time as Parallax time to close the book and move on with something more original for a cover.
                          "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Originally posted by Ninty View Post
                            as I said in the other thread...

saying that thought if he is to become parallax again then I wonder how he would go about that as in sinestro corps war parallax got split into the 4 earths lanterns
                            Which is why...

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Comment

Perhaps Guy gets the red entity and not just a red ring? Could John handle the indigo entity? Ion could go back to Kyle if Sodam Yat doesn't make it out of Daxam's sun.

Comment

Working...
                              X