No announcement yet.

Blackest Night #6 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good review. The only thing is i do think both Mera and Ganthet make since based on the in-story explanation so far, and the obvious editorial reason. Mera has been filled with Rage since she popped back up apparently, though it was more simmering anger then. Now that her entire family has been killed, her heart has filled that void w/ rage, and in their explanations about the rings Geoff did state that's how both the Love and Rage rings work. When u feel that void and give in to either hate or love, it calls the ring to you. Soooo.....u can use that. An as for Ganthet, obvious author reason is that a Guardians tapping into the Blue and Green spectrums should then give Nekron an ass whooping, or at least be able to free his fellow Oans. Yet with a ring, you can put a cap on him. The in story reason kinda vibes with him. The entire time i've read him, he's had a bit of trouble going back n forth between the emotionless detachment of his fellow Oans, and feeling allot like his troops. It makes since that in what he views as probably the largest battle to date, their prophesized darkest hour, he makes the decision to stand among them, as opposed to lead them from afar. I can buy both of those. The only one that really bugs me is Barry..but i can live with it.

Comment

• But why would you put a cap on a guardian?

Comment

• Maybe Ganthet's and Mera's presence is, in a sense, a way to recapture the structure of Original JLA's components...

Mera could be filling for Aquaman and Ganthet for the Martian Manhunter....which in itself might make one ask if the Scarecrow is filling in for Batman :P

Comment

• Interesting theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shingo Wol View Post
            But why would you put a cap on a guardian?
            Well probably b/c Geoff wrote himself into a corner. He stated that Ganthet (all Guardians are alluded to) can crack the planet in half w/ a thought. An showed how easily he pwned Kilowog, whose a Vet. I mean he's one of the best in corps, and Ganthet beat him effortlessly, then you have him master the blue spectrum, which only enhances the Green. If He can use both...then what's to stop him from destroying all the rings? Or, since we've already seen the Guardians go toe-to-toe w/ the Anti-Monitor, face off with Nekron. Even if you say he couldn't alone, he could easily free his fellows and take the fight to the Dark Guardian. How do you answer these and kinda make since? Ganthet, for sentimental reasons, takes a ring and therefore limits himself, making it impossible/imporbable.

Comment

• Five stars! I have dribbled reading it
              Ciao,
              Emanuele.

Love hurts. "Love is nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain. A temporany state of mind. Love is lie." Sinestro

Comment

Working...
              X