Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GREEN LANTERN Covers Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by DocLantern View Post
    That DC nation bit on Sinestro is a bit of a hard sell. I do wonder what they're going to end up doing with the book. My money is on him screwing over Hal at some point and returning to full on evil. Hope so anyway.
    I hope not, I love how Sinestro is now, and I love the idea of the Buddy Cop book with them. This is awesome! As long as Hal gets a ring.
    No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

    Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
      I hope not, I love how Sinestro is now, and I love the idea of the Buddy Cop book with them. This is awesome! As long as Hal gets a ring.
      Well I disagree, I hate how Johns has totally watered down Sinestro. Come on he's suppose to be a real villain, not some wannabe hero.

      Comment


      • #48
        Honestly I havent witnessed anything that says hero come from Sinestro other than he wants to free his home planet. Even before this whole him becoming a GL again he'd make sure that no one would fuck with his planet but him.

        You may cite the whole saving people on Earth scene but I saw that as more of a chance to rub it in Hal's face about how he does not think outside the box with his ring or use its full capabilities.
        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

        Comment


        • #49
          Sinestro is more of an anti-hero if anything and I quite like him in this capacity. He's always about being 3 steps ahead of everyone. Sinestro is a great character whether hero or villain.
          No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

          Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
            Sinestro is more of an anti-hero if anything and I quite like him in this capacity. He's always about being 3 steps ahead of everyone. Sinestro is a great character whether hero or villain.
            Was he three steps ahead of the people pillaging his planet? Was he three steps ahead of Nekron? Hell, was he three steps ahead of Hal when he was strapped down to an electric chair? I think you may be making more of ONE instance than you should.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by W.West View Post
              Was he three steps ahead of the people pillaging his planet? Was he three steps ahead of Nekron? Hell, was he three steps ahead of Hal when he was strapped down to an electric chair? I think you may be making more of ONE instance than you should.
              Exactly. One of my problems with Johns is that he doesn't seem to grasp that you can't just say a character is something (ie: Sinestro is leagues above all other green lanterns) without showing. It conflicts with him how Johns himself has written the character, let alone other writers. That's the problem with making Hal look an idiot 80% of the time as well.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by W.West View Post
                Was he three steps ahead of the people pillaging his planet? Was he three steps ahead of Nekron? Hell, was he three steps ahead of Hal when he was strapped down to an electric chair? I think you may be making more of ONE instance than you should.
                Let's see the Sinestro Corps is going to be destroyed soon, Nekron was stopped, and he survived that. He might have had a slip up but he knows what he's doing now.
                No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

                Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by JuanMal View Post
                  That clown-looking Sinestro Corps member looks cool
                  A space Joker? lol

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                    Honestly I havent witnessed anything that says hero come from Sinestro other than he wants to free his home planet. Even before this whole him becoming a GL again he'd make sure that no one would fuck with his planet but him.

                    You may cite the whole saving people on Earth scene but I saw that as more of a chance to rub it in Hal's face about how he does not think outside the box with his ring or use its full capabilities.
                    i wonder if this sinestros way of maybe training hal for the right reasons.


                    remember what he says in issue 2 or 3 that have you ever really accepted the ring?


                    that makes me wonder if thats refering to hal not fully understanding what it does unlike someone then sinestro himself.


                    and who knows maybe sinestro still has some good in him deep down to where the ring picked up on that and went back on his finger
                    .................................................. ..........................

                    Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Sinestro should have very little good in him, he needs to be a villain.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                        Sinestro should have very little good in him, he needs to be a villain.
                        Now why does he need to be a Villain? He is working really well how he is right now.
                        No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

                        Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          No way he's permanently a good guy.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Justice League #4 Combo Pack Cover by Jim Lee




                            JUSTICE LEAGUE # 1 is sold out and once again we’re headed back to press. With this reprint, JUSTICE LEAGUE # 1 becomes the first issue from DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 to receive five printings.

                            The new printing will be on sale in comic book stores at the start of the New Year, on January 4, 2012.

                            In the meantime, here’s the first look at the combo pack cover to issue four.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I've always liked Lee's art, but shouldn't Aquaman be looking down at the man he defeated instead of posing for the camera?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                                I've always liked Lee's art, but shouldn't Aquaman be looking down at the man he defeated instead of posing for the camera?
                                Pfffft, don't be ridiculous.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X