• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
    Moisture Farmer

• Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
    replied
    Exactly. Taking the main character out of the book should be done sparingly, but DC does it all the time with Hal. I don't read the book to find out what everybody BUT him is doing every month, I read it for Hal Jordan and his life and adventures. At least with John and Guy there was a hook in that they were already part of GL mythology. Kyle was seemingly out of the desire to revitalize the books (as much as I hated it). This guy seems to just be here to show the plight of the misunderstood muslim, and I don't give a shit.

My list of books that I legitimately enjoy is pretty damn small right now. I will hang on until February because I've been buying Hellblazer since #1 hit the shelf in 1987 when I was 13, so I have a real desire to see it play out to #300. But GL is what anchors me to this hobby. If I can't enjoy GL, it might be time for me to walk away from colecting comics altogether. I'm tired about being the pissed off angry comic fan. I have other interests and other fandoms I can enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• DocLantern
    Manhunter Repairman

• DocLantern
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    Having Hal Jordan become a supporting character in his own book is disgraceful enough. But to be knocked down to cameo appearances? I'm seriously considering dumping the whole thing and walking away from GL and comics altogether.

Hellblazer hits #300 in February. DC has until then to change my mind. After that, I might just be done.
    That's why I dropped it. I'm not going to pay $3.00 for a book where the character I want to read about is essentially not present. This single panel stuff feels like a way for DC to try to keep people who would otherwise drop the book around while they establish Simon. It's their call, I just choose not to participate. I'm not opposed to reading about Simon at all, just don't introduce him at the expense of another character a lot of people (not all) have cared about for decades.

Leave a comment:

• Jack-O-Lantern
    Master Customizer

• Jack-O-Lantern
    replied
    I didn't want or care about this new guy. But I gave him a chance and read the 0 issue and this one. It didn't change my mind so far. I still don't want or care about this new guy. I guess for the first time in 20 years I'm not going to be able to enjoy reading Green Lantern comics. Looks like I'll have to wait another 20 for the New 52 universe to go away and a new reboot comes.

Leave a comment:

Moisture Farmer

replied
    I'd classify this one as a miss. Green Lantern didn't even appear outside of a recording. I buy the book for Green Lantern, and he definately WASN'T the star of this issue. Shame shame DC. Paying for a book and only getting breadcrumbs is REALLY starting to wear thin on me. Having Hal Jordan become a supporting character in his own book is disgraceful enough. But to be knocked down to cameo appearances? I'm seriously considering dumping the whole thing and walking away from GL and comics altogether.

Hellblazer hits #300 in February. DC has until then to change my mind. After that, I might just be done.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLantern888
    Alpha-Lantern

• GreenLantern888
    replied
    Originally posted by W.West View Post
    Wasn't a bad issue, just extremely boring and not headed anywhere near interesting
    Exactly what I thought when I looked at it, and for the first time in years, I didn't buy Green Lantern. It has saddened and pissed me off. I fucking hate that Hal and Sinestro and Black Hand weren't in this issue and we continue off where the annual left off.

Leave a comment:

• Hypo
    Lil' Leaguer

• Hypo
    replied
    The pacing did feel weird.

Leave a comment:

• Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern

• Gauntlet101010
    replied
    Exactly one page of Hal and Sinestro again (if you can call it that). Exactly what I figured.

It's not a bad issue, but it does feel odd. They have long, epic story arc after long apic story arc and then - BAM! New lead, grounded story. It feels like I'm reading a different comic than the one I've been reading for the past few years. I agree, this should have been the new #1 of the new 52, not what we got.

Leave a comment:

• Trigger
    Hal's Understudy

• Trigger
    replied
    This issue feels a bit odd, like everything is starting over. I believe this should have been #1 in the nu52.

It may have been a better transition for newer fans. I did enjoy the relationship between Hal and Sinestro though

Leave a comment:

• W.West

• W.West
    replied
    Wasn't a bad issue, just extremely boring and not headed anywhere near interesting

Leave a comment:

• JohnMc
    Senior Corps Member

• JohnMc
    replied
    Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post

Didn't Major Force know Kyle's identity? I'll have to go back and re-read that issue. I mean, he tried to kill his mom much later on, so he obvious found out what it was. I guess it's possible Quorum (I think that was the agency that Force was working for) never shared Kyle's identity with anyone, but ... that's not very believable IMO.
    You are correct. It was Quorum. Major Force also went up against Guy during his Warrior days. Guy's brother Mace was also a member of Quorum IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    More Johns propaganda.

Leave a comment:

• W.West

• W.West
    replied
    Poll added

Leave a comment:

• GreenLantern888
    Alpha-Lantern

• GreenLantern888
    replied
    Looks good, I hope we actually get to see Hal and Sinestro and more about what's going on with them. I really don't care for Simon, well let's see if he grows on me.

Leave a comment:

• Trigger
    Hal's Understudy

• Trigger
    replied
    In their first meeting he did not know his identity. (just checked)

assuming Johns' run was 1 year then the timeline would probably follow

5 years hal/guy
    4 years hal/john
    3 years hal/john
    2 years kyle
    1 year hal/kyle/john/guy

Leave a comment:

• Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern

• Gauntlet101010
    replied
    NG established that Ganthet trained Kyle so it's easy to say he filled him in on the Corps.

Didn't Major Force know Kyle's identity? I'll have to go back and re-read that issue. I mean, he tried to kill his mom much later on, so he obvious found out what it was. I guess it's possible Quorum (I think that was the agency that Force was working for) never shared Kyle's identity with anyone, but ... that's not very believable IMO.

Of course Captain Atom was revamped, and possibly Major Force as well, so I guess it could just be some random villain that killed Alex and not one backed by Big Brother.
    Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern
    Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 10-02-2012, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X