Green Lantern #23.4 Sinestro PREVIEW
    Writer: Matt Kindt
    Artist: Dale Eaglesham

0.00%
    10.00%
    30.00%
    30.00%
    30.00%
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Definitely getting the 3D-cover, hopefully I'll like this one

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Shows promise. Sinestro as a white circle is an interesting concept. Note the parallels, however, to the Abin Sur story.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

How many origin stories have they done for Sinestro now that are completely different? 3? 4?

Comment

:Moderator:

Not enough, that's for sure.
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Isn´t this one closer to the original one, where he was an archaeologist?
              Orion Pax
              Iolande's Bodyguard
              Last edited by Orion Pax; 09-24-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I was really hoping his wouldn't be an origin. Some of the villain tales haven't been origins (e.g., Rogues, Two Face).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                  How many origin stories have they done for Sinestro now that are completely different? 3? 4?
                  I have no idea what you are talking about. Frankly, I fully support a new origin story being put out on each GL character at least twice per year. I also think the issue should come with 17 variant covers too. lol

Comment

This origin (well, OK, I'm just going off the preview) seems to bear at least a passing similarity to one of the other origins we've seen.

I just hope this doesn't end up further whitewashing Sinestro's past. I don't really much care how he became a GL, I'm more interested in how he became a villain, since in my mind that's the role he belongs in. So worst case, in my mind, is that this would retell his fall in such a way as to make it seem like he was wrongfully expelled from the GLC.

Comment

Issue out! Poll added.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        I just hope this doesn't end up further whitewashing Sinestro's past. . .
                        Nope. If anything, the opposite.
                        Not bad over all, even if Hal looks like Mr. Universe in some panels.

Comment

This was my 3rd favorite Villains Month issue

Comment

favorite lantern enemy issue this month. Love sinestro

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              Nope. If anything, the opposite.
                              Not bad over all, even if Hal looks like Mr. Universe in some panels.
                              You're right. I liked this. No more "misunderstood hero with the best of intentions". The fact that Lyssa Drak portrays him as such, to me, serves as the final nail in the coffin of that view.

And, unless my memory is faulty, this origin, of how he got the ring, actually was almost identical to one of the earlier ones, not a new origin. Which is a welcome surprise.

Comment

Working...
                              X