This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    Ha ha, I did? Whoops! I probably didn't realize which end was which on that new battery design. However, I think the power batteries charge at both ends, which is why you always see those covers with Hal and Sinestro angrily charging their rings off the same battery. Kyle's, even though it was asymmetrical, shouldn't be any different!
    I figured as much. The charge from either end... Kyle's just looks different because he's so creative. Who knows what the back or front to that thing really is besides Kyle himself....

Comment

• The Spectre and original Aquaman are going to have big roles in Blackest Night?

Comment

• spectre should totally play a role in blackest night, what with the dead not-being dead anymore and his connection to Hal back in the day

Comment

• It's always more fun going back over all my Van Sciver drawn comics the second and third time and appreciating the vast amount of detail in the art as well as searching for any the infamous little visual jokes he leaves for the sharp eyed.

Mr. Van Sciver your work is a consistent delight, please never stop drawing.

P.S.

With Grant Morrison back at DC, is it possible you guys could reunite for a DC encore of the infamous "SEX" issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
            so basically what your saying is blackest night is going to be a company wide event, or am I missreading that?
            It's been stated various times this is the case.
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• I really am kinda hopeing it is company wide. With so many of the characters who have dead villians, friends, and relitives, it gives the writers and artists a shot at doing some Zombie storys after a fashion. I mean who dosen't like a good zombie story especialy when their all wielding power rings

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• I'm not so happy about that. DC is really good at overkill. It's one of the things that made the war so great. GL and GLC with some one shots, and that's it. Hopefully it being GL will make me not notice so much.
                I'm more concerned that Kyle be in the action from start to finish. I don't like the backseat he has taken.

Comment

• Mr. Van Sciver- You are easily my favorite comic artist, no matter what you're drawing for (I think my favorite character you've drawn was Plasticman in Supes/Bats. Just fun to look at.). I'm hoping to see you next year at heroescon down in Charlotte. I haven't been able to go for a few years now, but I've got my schedule cleared for 2009.

On Blackest Night, I think it's pretty clear that Black Hand will have an important role with his new powers over life and death, and I can see the Spectre playing a role as well, but what about Solomon Grundy? His power over death isn't one he can control, but it's an interesting one. Is there any room for him in BN?

Comment

• Oh even more importantly, is there any chance that my main man Kreon will make a return during Blackest Night? At least then everybody can go from telling me I'm dead to telling me I'm undead.

Comment

• Hi Ethan, great seeing you here. Just a few questions if you don't mind?

First of all(not sure if you will be able to answear this), but are the Black lanterns going to be like the traditional zombies, or abit more refined and have a sense of who they were?

and secondly, we have seen that the GL's have two lanterns per sector, are the other corpse going to have this policy, i don't really remmber seeing it with the Sinestro corps?

and finally, is there going to be another Sinestro corps ring for sector 2814, i see the shark been a great wielder for it.

Well that is all. One final remark, I havn't drawn in years but after seeing your artwork it really inspired me to start again.

many thanks

Comment

• If you are still answering questions one thing I love to ask is
                        What was your very first big published piece? The first time you made something and it was printed on a wide scale. Was it comic art? And what initally got your foot in the door as a comic artist? What did you have to do to get where you are now?

Comment

• if this has been asked before (by me even) I am sorry, but do you get any insperation from music when you draw?

Comment

• .....................he is just not coming back.............................................. ....

...............dammit............................. .....................

Comment

• Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
                              .....................he is just not coming back.............................................. ....

...............dammit............................. .....................
                              Pretty sure the guy is busy with work and will answer when he has the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Eye View Post
                                Pretty sure the guy is busy with work and will answer when he has the time.
                                thank you!!!!! common sense has been deployed

Comment

Working...
                                X