This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Since everyone else is asking about "Blackest Night"... will Hector Hammond be showing up for the big event? I've become a fan of the character - and love how you draw him - so I'd love to see him make another appearance...
    Me too! I love Hector, and I think he deserves another go-round!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
      Ethan I was wondering. Since your doing production design for Blackest Night, are you looking back at all to the original Alan Moore story's art for the Empire Of Tears characters that will be appearing in the story? We have those pages here http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ead.php?t=4352 I posted them because of their importiance to whats comming as it's the base of Geoff's story (with modifications)

Darth_Andrea
      Actually, no, I haven't looked at any of that stuff! Maybe I will.

Comment

• Originally posted by LanternBrina View Post
        Are you a bigger GL or Flash fan, Mr. Sciver? Will we see more of your GL work again soon?

I would even buy sketchbooks.
        It's hard to say, Brina. I've been a Flash fan longer, but I've come to love GL. I guess I'll say I'm a bigger Flash fan, since I was interested in the character before I actually started drawing comics professionally.

Yeah, you'll see more GL work from me soon. Covers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
          Ethan Will we see G`Nort in Blackest Night in any copasity?

Darth_Andrea
          Probably not. I don't think Geoff likes him much, or thinks he has a place within this GL Corps.

Comment

• Ethan, there´s a myth, that all the woman that date Kyle end up dead. Will Natu keep the trend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
              I don't know! Blackest Night is a long ways away. Flash is sooner, but I'm not sure how much we'll show and when. Things like Wally's new suit, I'd prefer to keep those hidden until the book comes out. But I'll bet the cover for REBIRTH #1 will show up soon.

And thanks!
              That brings up another question....when is "Flash: Rebirth" due? All I've heard is 2009. Has a more specific release date been set yet?

Comment

• So Ethan after the Flash and Blackest Night any plans for the future? What good art can we expect to see from you in the future?

Comment

• First off, Ethan...your artwork is amazing.

My question is (and I'm not sure if it's been asked):

Will Ganthet or Sayd offer Superman/Clark Kent to become a blue lantern?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                    That brings up another question....when is "Flash: Rebirth" due? All I've heard is 2009. Has a more specific release date been set yet?
                    Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
                    I don't know! Blackest Night is a long ways away. Flash is sooner, but I'm not sure how much we'll show and when. Things like Wally's new suit, I'd prefer to keep those hidden until the book comes out. But I'll bet the cover for REBIRTH #1 will show up soon.

And thanks!
                    Speaking of the cover, Mr. van Sciver, I had a quick question about that. In the image that's surfaced since SDCC, the colorist is listed as Moose. Was this done before his falling-out with DC or is this an indication that the bridges have been mended and Moose is coming back?
                    JME2
                    Corps Honor Guard
                    Last edited by JME2; 09-10-2008, 01:57 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a name.

Comment

• How would you feel about drawing the Hulkster, Ethan?

Comment

• Thank you for still visiting us, Ethan.

Without needing to get into specifics or details or spoilers, being at the designing end of things can you tell us anything about the costumes/uniforms of the Black Lanterns? Like, how about... will they even have some kind of uniform, or just be dead dudes and dudettes flying around with rings?

Secondarily, what color will the Black Lanterns' energy output/signature be? Looking back to the Black Hand issue with Geoff and Mahnke a couple of years ago, the energy Black Hand was throwing around there seemed to be like a real dark purple-esque, or black outlined with dark purple... is this what we can expect color-wise?

Comment

• an idea for the covers: you could do it like the Trinity covers, every three covers makes one image but each cover still portrays one part of the Trinity.
                          I wonder if it saves time if you do it that way.

This one (link) is the one I like the most so far.
                          It's a lot more dynamic than the ones that came before it.
                          Something like that for the lanterns would be awesome.

Just an idea

Comment

• Originally posted by Tons T View Post
                            hi Ethan, i have some questions for you (dunno if this has been raised before), regarding the "its all in the eyes" theory

when you did rebirth, we see lantern symbols on eyes of GLs, like hal, and Guy and John with Parallax symbol in their eyes, and the infected kilowog with GL eyes,... i mean, does this eye-thing during rebirth, really mean anything? or is it just like GL effects (like the GL glowing insignia in the chest) that you just added on for visual effects?

anyway,..uhm, i guess ill just get straight to it ....but do you actually think that appearance of White Lanterns (if there is) necessary? what do you think about , if White Lanterns would exist, theyll be the one who goes toe to toe with Black LAnterns? do you want to see White LAnterns saving the universse from the BLackest Night which IMHO, would be the greatest, yet, GL event in its myhtolog)??
                            I draw little lantern symbols or Sinestro corps symbols in the eyes of characters when I feel like they are drawing upon the energy...It's just something I did in Rebirth that carried over. It looks cool.

And there's no answer for the next question, just a big "huh?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Zechs View Post
                              Ok I was just thinking.. for Blackest Night when you and Geoff said you bring back EVERYONE dead. It got me pondering. So when people like Spoilers for Possible Black Lantern Recruits Martian Manhunter, Dr. Light, and Effigy died. When they get the rings. Does that mean they still retain their powers as well or does the ring only bring the back to life and they get their powers back regardless or their just corpses who just act all mindless and have only the power of the black ring? End Spoilers.
                              Wait and see!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chamalkan View Post
                                To be honest: I rank Ivan just above you. But I know he can't do everything, and you're up there with him, so I'm glad you're helping.

The idea of you doing all the covers is awasome.
                                I made a topic last week just about the advantages of a single cover artist, so you can see how great I find it to hear that
                                But I'm not helping....

Comment

Working...
                                X