This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
    The Flash: Rebirth is only two days away, but from the covers/solicitations we see a much bigger Barry Allen as Flash. Is that just the way you felt he needed to be drawn or something that may be essential to the story? It just seems like Barry is a very bulky(muscular bulky) compared to what we've seen in the past.

Also, if Rebirth ships on time, we'll be done by September. Will we have a Flash ongoing title directly following by the end of the year, or will we have to suffer like we did at the end of Flash #247?
    I see Barry differently, I guess. I don't think he's excessively built, but this skinny Flash thing doesn't inspire me. I know he's a runner, but he's a superhero, and I like my JLA members to have wide shoulders and be slightly more imposing.

And you're incorrect about September, but I can't announce why yet! Don't worry, it's a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old School View Post
      ethan can you confirm or deny that bruce wayne will be a black lantern?

and thanks for the answer in regards to final crisis, 52, and countdown. appreciate it.

and your flash covers are simply awesome
      I can do neither! And thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        OUCH! I hope you didn't tell Geoff that, he is his creation after all! And thanks about the Linda hair! I literally yelped for joy. lol
        Geoff named him after my son! So I like the character, but listen, he's no Thawne. Wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          OK, I lied, I do got one for me.

Do all the Corps like the Reds actually assign their Lanterns to specific sectors like the GLs or just travel around as a pack, and do they recruit one or two from each sector or is it just like... they want (in the case of the Reds) the most Rageful beings out there, even if maybe there's numerous in a single given sector?
          That's a question for Geoff, but I think the other Corps are all quite different from the order and structure of Yellow and Green. The edges of the spectrum are far more chaotic than the center.

Comment

• Hey there Ethan

Just 2 more days til Flash, w'ere really amped this side, can't wait to read it and w'ere all looking forward to seeing you next week!

By the way the solicit shown in the previews mag with Flash facing forward with the black background, is that still going to be used ( ie for a later issue or a 2nd print variant cover ) or have you created some other covers?
            :On worlds afar or scenes at home, wherever the cause should make me roam, always i vow to fight the good fight, to combat evil with all green lanterns might!:

Comment

• Also (and I only ask because maybe this has come up in a chat with Geoff or something) do you know anything about (or even if you have an opinion on) what the deal is with the ring guidance sources? I mean, in the SCW, we were told that Mogo is responsible for guiding the Green rings to their bearers and that the GLC would be crippled if he would be destroyed... so what is guiding the Yellow, Red, etc. rings?

Comment

• Originally posted by GUYCORPS View Post
                Hey there Ethan

Just 2 more days til Flash, w'ere really amped this side, can't wait to read it and w'ere all looking forward to seeing you next week!

By the way the solicit shown in the previews mag with Flash facing forward with the black background, is that still going to be used ( ie for a later issue or a 2nd print variant cover ) or have you created some other covers?
                Good question! I panicked a lot about finding THE PERFECT PROMO AND COVER IMAGE for this project, and turned in about 4 different pieces. I think the best one got chosen, colored, and shown around SDCC and the internet. Still, we've got these three other covers lying around.

The variant that is being used now is meant as a little tribute to GL: REBIRTH #1, obviously, and it was the right choice as well. The forward facing FLASH boot shot was the first attempt at the main cover, and though I decided to draw the idea from a different angle an include lots of lightning afterwards, the piece is still interesting enough to turn up somewhere....maybe a second printing cover?

The fourth piece is being used as the variant for issue #2.

Comment

• Thanks Ethan! I sent it along. Hopefully, they can, because practically no one seems to come anymore. The last to come was, in fact, Geoff when I was taking the ACTs...*still curses that test to this day*

If you're able, I'll bring my comics by. *pictures a sketch of Sinestro Batman, Blue Lantern Superman, and Indigo Wonder Woman standing together in a pose* And if you do sketches, I'd save up some money for that, lol.

On what seems to be the last of my GL related questions for this moment:

1. What do you think of the idea of a Black Lantern Justice League (E2 Supes, Batman, E2 WW, one of the Flashes (if that solit is leading that way), one of the GLs, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter?

2. If you did indeed make the designs used for the Blackest Night figures, what was your thoughts for how decayed they should look.

3. Do the Indigo Lanterns finally show up in the Blackest Night Mini, or outside it?

Come listen to our cast, and have a ball while you're at it! : D

Comment

• Is Flash Rebirth really only 5 issues? Did it drop an issue or was it always 5?
                    "Gone are all my comforts, I held so dear
                    Sold them to strangers looking for a deal
                    You left me here all alone, my worst fear
                    Don't think this kind of pain will ever heal
                    I gave to you my life and love for years
                    Look deep in my eyes, my pain do you feel
                    All I ever wanted was to be loved
                    Waiting on dad to take me up above"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
                      Good question! I panicked a lot about finding THE PERFECT PROMO AND COVER IMAGE for this project, and turned in about 4 different pieces. I think the best one got chosen, colored, and shown around SDCC and the internet. Still, we've got these three other covers lying around.

The variant that is being used now is meant as a little tribute to GL: REBIRTH #1, obviously, and it was the right choice as well. The forward facing FLASH boot shot was the first attempt at the main cover, and though I decided to draw the idea from a different angle an include lots of lightning afterwards, the piece is still interesting enough to turn up somewhere....maybe a second printing cover?

Thanks for the rapid response. DC definitely chose the correct cover, i'm certain most if not all people just love that pose with the lightning flickering around Barry!

I just wish they released Rebirth with a 50/50 cover split and the variant to boot, i'm sure sales would be even more staggering, but whatever the case i'm sure Rebirth will go back to press for more printings!

GL: Rebirth set the mark at 4 printings for issue 1, can Flash do the same or race right past it!
                      :On worlds afar or scenes at home, wherever the cause should make me roam, always i vow to fight the good fight, to combat evil with all green lanterns might!:

Comment

• Will Barry be specific to Central City? I don't think Keystone City was a twin city when he died.

What is the status of Barry Allen's relationship with his wife, Iris West? Its been a long time....

Comment

• Can you spill anybeans on who is a Black Lantern Other than Martian ManHunter and Earth 2 Supes?

Comment

• IS AQUAMAN BACK OR WHAT?

this is more confusing than why DC put out JLA ANARTICIA (s.p)
                            HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

• Originally posted by Caleb Lancaster View Post
                              Can you spill anybeans on who is a Black Lantern Other than Martian ManHunter and Earth 2 Supes?

TEEN TITANS
                              HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
                                Are there going to be variant covers for all five issues of the mini? There are right up to the third issue solicited, so I'm assuming so, but you could clear it up in a jiffy!

Also, are they leaning torwards a new #1 still after Rebirth wraps up? Or is #351 still a possibillity?

Comment

Working...
                                X