X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we should post the conersation from the FC here

Comment

Can you tell us what inspires you to create some of the GL stuff like we know you traced the Parallax desgin to come up with the Sinestro Corps Symbol any other tidbits like that you can share?
      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

What is the Significance of each of the lantern symbols and how did you come up with their designs?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
          we should post the conersation from the FC here
          Yea, I'd love to know what I missed. Did anyone save it?

Comment

I tried but failed

Comment

in a nutshell, ethan got a new lawnmower ... hehe ...

Comment

he had a hand in what they did with plastic man in countdown to mystery

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
                  he had a hand in what they did with plastic man in countdown to mystery
                  i missed it ... what happened to plas ???

Comment

Hey Ethan when it come's to designing characters for each of the seven corps. Is it all the artists behind creating and designing them, does Geoff or Pete give you something to work with then you go off on that idea, or a GL round table with everyone when creating them?

A second question to go with this.. any chance there can be a contest via DC where a fan can get their own personal created Corps Member to be shown in the Blackest Night (like one of your's, Ivan's, or whomever's else is on that project splash pages)?

That be so wickedly cool and no doubt popular as well.

I was going to ask you about the eyes again, but I get a feeling you only give us teases
                    Zechs
                    Disciple of the Cyborg
                    Last edited by Zechs; 05-15-2008, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
                      That's something Geoff came up with that I thought was kind of neat. I think it came from the idea that I was throwing around that the black areas of the costume were literally the absence of light, which is why they didn't reflect back grey anymore. Geoff thought that sounded cold, like the temperature of that part of the suit would differ from the warmer green areas. I don't think it's important, (nor is my idea for the black part of the suit) but it may be of some interest to people who are detail obsessed. (Like me.)
                      I think what's confusing some folks is that it appears -- or maybe this is a misconception -- that the green areas are now sizzlin' hot... which, going back, makes scenes where, like, Hal or Kyle or John or whatever rescuing somebody by carrying them out seem odd... when they'd be writhing in pain from touching the hot green parts.

Comment

A question about the GL uniform: does it disapear when the ring charge is depleted? It's been shown to do (I believe issue three or four) and to do not (GL25)

Also, if you know: what is keeping Jim Lee so busy Besides AB&R?
                        Is a lot of his time going into the DCU MMO game? is he doing lots of bussiness stuff for Wildstorm?

Comment

Okay I have a question. I know you can't give anything away but I figure if I ask the question subtle enough you may be able to point us in the right direction. If not that is cool too.

Sinestro's personality has changed alot over the years. Is there a any past Green Lantern issues that you and Geoff are taking your ques from on Sinestro's personality.

The other Question is more of Just a silly prefrence thing. When Looking at Green Lantern comics is there any artistic choices that just get on your nerves. For Example I hate it when People make Sinestro left handed.I know That it is silly. I am sure the Great Sinestro could Ring sling with bouth hands or even a Yellow nose ring,but it stands out to me the Sinestro nerd. Do you have one of these Nerve grinders and how silly is it?
                          Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

EVS - In an interview a long time ago you stated that you hid in your artwork some things that would get you in trouble if anyone ever found them. Any hints as to where to look? I believe it was somewhere around the Shark issue.

Welcome BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                              The other Question is more of Just a silly prefrence thing. When Looking at Green Lantern comics is there any artistic choices that just get on your nerves. For Example I hate it when People make Sinestro left handed.I know That it is silly. I am sure the Great Sinestro could Ring sling with bouth hands or even a Yellow nose ring,but it stands out to me the Sinestro nerd. Do you have one of these Nerve grinders and how silly is it?
                              Quite frankly, with a name like Sinestro, being left-handed seems pretty appropriate to me. I believe the name comes from the Latin for left.

Comment

Originally posted by raynersraider View Post
                                Ethan, I have a question for you....

Ginger or Mary Ann?
                                Mary Ann. I like the "nice" girls better.

Comment

Working...
                                X