Thoughts on Vendetti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
    I like that the space suit has the Parallax design on the chest. If I am not mistaken isn't that helmet look a little Legion-ish? Ethan is a great artsit...
    When I read that bit, I was just thinking that it must be annoying making sure his hair is fully in the helmet and not at all hanging over the seal when he puts it on.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 04-01-2016, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I like his writing way more for X-O and Valiant.
      http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SomeDude View Post
        1) He abandoned the Geoff Johns' edict that only beings with incredible will could even get the ring to work
        But that was always bullshit. His making the operation of the rings like passing a kidney stone doesn't make any sense with moments like... Guy Gardner goofing around making funny constructs.

7) I think the whole emotional reservoir is nothing more than a gimmick and really seems to serve no purpose as it gets forgotten for issues at a time and feels ripe for abandonment. What happens when the reservoir runs out? Beings across the universe stop having feelings? Silliness.
        I think it's no less cool or dumb than the introduction of the emotional entities themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          I think it's no less cool or dumb than the introduction of the emotional entities themselves.
          Agreed. That Rainbow Brite Brigade is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

And hearing Geoff Johns fans complain about a writer throwing out years of history is hilarious to me.

Comment

I really want a writer and editor to come along and throw out 60% of Johns' contributions. An old school writer that new fans despise. Hire John Byrne to just come in for a year and scorch the fucking Earth. Can you imagine?

It would be hilarious and SO worth it to see all of the teeth gnashing that would ensue.

Comment

I disliked Vendetti enough to drop the book for awhile when he had Hal as the GLC leader. I came back, but I still don't like him. He seems to have good ideas for stories, but the execution sucks. There's no real drama, no believable character development, and his stories fail to live up to the ideas. From Hal leading the GLC, to Godhead, to the Renegade arc, Black Hand at the Wall, to Parallax coming back, these are all potentially exciting stories, but they just weren't.

Comment

Venditti has written 30 issues of Green Lantern and none of his story arcs have really been that good to me. I know people here like to hate Geoff Johns but his worst GL story arc is still way better than anything Venditti has done yet IMO.

Ethan Van Sciver drew some of Johns best GL stories so I'm hoping he's helping Venditti with his Rebirth stories, and I think having the Sinestro Corps back as the main antagonist for Hal Jordan & The GLC is a step in the right direction.
                Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                  Ethan Van Sciver drew some of Johns best GL stories so I'm hoping he's helping Venditti with his Rebirth stories
                  How would that make them better? It's not like Firestorm was an amazing read or anything.

Comment

Thoughts on Vendetti: he made Green Lantern boring as hell, but is doing pretty damn good on the Flash.

I cancelled my subscription to GL main title with this (insufferably dull) issue, #51. I couldn't even finish it, I was completely apathetic. Really poor crap imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X