Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Venditti mention Arisia?? I had my fingers crossed that her death in "EoO" wasn't real, but I would not have been surprised if nobody bothered to bring her back either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
      Did Venditti mention Arisia?? I had my fingers crossed that her death in "EoO" wasn't real, but I would not have been surprised if nobody bothered to bring her back either.
      yea he mentioned her first and last name, so she is definitely a part of it, how who knows? I am hoping the cosmic aspect of DC that might be a part of the title is L.E.G.I.O.N. It is a cool concept and once back in the day when the GLC fell out of favor the L.E.G.I.O.N tried to fill the void so I wouldn't be surprised if Vril Dox doesn't try to take advantage of the looming war between the GLC and the Sinestro Corps. While I don't want too much soapy stuff since they are both in the same title now I want Hal with Arisia.

Comment

• Though not overly impressed by Venditti's work so far, I have my fingers crossed for this book. It has a lot of characters but I am hoping if handled correctly it can be like Uncanny X-Men in the 80's. A book filled with so many deep characters and concepts that it could be split into 5 separate titles. If written correctly this book can be the spawning grown of multiple cool Lantern books like Gerard Jones and Geoff John's runs.

Comment

• Comment

• Still wont be enough for some out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
              When you have as many books as the bat related titles, you can have more room to experiment
              The effect is the same though, for example when Harper Row first started being pushed heavily neither Stephanie Brown nor Cassandra Cain had even appeared in the New 52. So if you wanted to read a book about them you were shit out of luck even though there were so many batbooks.

Originally posted by -M- View Post
              You mean to tell me they make Kyle this Spanish version of himself and already have John Stewart, both with decent sized fanbases of their own... and the GLC needs MORE diversity?
              In the New 52 era they gave Kyle a 43 issue run in New Guardians plus 12 issues in The Omega Men, didn't sell well enough. John got the spotlight in Lost Army, it didn't work.

I think this is where the disconnect is, y'all seem to think instead of getting Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps we could've gotten the Hal book plus another book featuring 1 or 2 of the Earth GLs. I view it as either Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps or just the latter because it's pretty clear based off of EVS's comments that DC thinks the entire franchise needs to be rebuilt.

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
              This^^^post is exhibit A of DC being out of touch with it's fan base. A relaunch should generate excitement, with a little bit of trepidation. The announcements at least where Green Lantern is concerned is generating largely disdain. Sadly I share BDDT's feelings about this, even though the corps have always been near and dear to my heart. The concept and direction of Green Lanterns, Green Lantern membership in Justice League and retaining of Venditti are like 3 strikes.
              Man y'all keep saying that everyone is disdainful when it comes to the idea of Green Lanterns and I keep disagreeing. I already pointed out positivity on reddit but here's the thread from CBR, of the 46 people who posted I count 23 as positive, 11 as negative and 12 as neutral. This board hates the idea but I really don't think you can extrapolate from that because this board is quite negative to be honest.

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
              If written correctly this book can be the spawning grown of multiple cool Lantern books like Gerard Jones and Geoff John's runs.
              That's certainly what they're trying to do based off of EVS's comments.

Comment

• Yeah, this is a pretty monumentally big blow to Kyle fans. One face in a crowd in a book literally titled, "Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps"... starring Hal, and including John and Guy? He's just going to be stuck in a corner again, pigeonholed as "The Sensitive One" when history has shown Hal is way, way more "sensitive" than him. And if he wasn't getting enough play back in GLC with Guy Gardner, he's certainly not going to get it with Hal, John, AND Guy.

And demoted to a regular Green Lantern again. This is about the 3rd time it's happened.

"Green Lanterns"... interesting concept. A bit needless. As in... this is a book nobody could possibly want but Geoff himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  And demoted to a regular Green Lantern again. This is about the 3rd time it's happened
                  Kyle is still a White Lantern

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                    Kyle is still a White Lantern
                    Is he? I thought he gave up his ring in Omega Men.

Comment

• Ugh. Get that stupid white ring off him. No good is coming of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                        Is he? I thought he gave up his ring in Omega Men.
                        He got it back a few issues ago. It was a pretty big plot point for the story since he went from hostage to major player.

Comment

• No, just do it right and get rid of the emotional spectrum altogether.

Comment

• And get those rings off Baz and Cruz, and find something else for them to do.

And bring back the Guardians.

Comment

• Baz and the other one need to just be killed off in some battle like cannon fodder. Like you would do for an unnamed alien GL with the ring flying away to look for a new bearer. And then have nobody in the Corps even mention it like they never knew they existed.

Bring back/fix Oa. Super lame that it's STILL gone.

Bring back and fix the Guardians. Not the medieval looking ones, but ones that have been serving for billions of years. That bit of stupidity needs to be undone.

Get rid of the emotional spectrum. All of the entities. All of the Corps save the GLC and Sinestro Corps. Sever the connection to emotions because it's a horrid idea. Will isn't a fucking emotion. Say the yellow works on Qwardian technology again, while the green comes from the Guardians' bodies like it used to.

All of the other colors, their corps, characters, etc just disappear forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                                Bring back/fix Oa. Super lame that it's STILL gone.
                                well for the Darkside war they did...................... somehow

so that's something

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                                X