Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless the reviews are really good I'll be passing on Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, the art will be good but I'm just plain meh on Venditti. I might check out Green Lanterns but right now I'm leaning towards no since I'm not a fan of Humphries.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
      Well, that's pretty much it for me. This is all fucking garbage. By this time this summer I think I'm out and done.
      I certainly won't be reading these GL comics. These are just the worst ideas ever.

Comment

You guys aren't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
          You guys aren't going anywhere.
          Oh, I promise you I won't buy them.

Comment

What if they feature no constructs

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
              What if they feature no constructs
              Even then!

Comment

I can't wait to miss the Green Lantern titles! Gives me finances enough to finish up my Avengers/Busiek collection.

Read Batman #50...I'll pass on whatever Snyder's doing as well. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post

Read Batman #50...I'll pass on whatever Snyder's doing as well. Yawn.
                  Wow

Comment

I was surprised to like Batman #49, it was the first issue in literally dozens by Snyder where I was actually caught up and couldn't stop reading until the end. It seems the build up was one into disappointment, maybe they just couldn't keep up the level of inspiration over the course of the big sized issue.

In any event, I lost interest for the most part in Snyder's Batman after the (excellent) Death of the Family. I kept collecting so I could sell the lots.

Batman isn't exactly my favorite character anyway, in fact when I realized Batman vs Superman was mostly a (bad) Batman movie it was all downhill from there.

Just my opinions.

Comment

• GL #50 is still in my nightstand waiting for me to read it. Same with the last two issues of Sinestro. Blah. I'm at a point where I can finally walk away from GL after over 30 years because DC hasn't been trying for years.

I don't see anything getting better with rebirth/relaunch either; it's like a half hearted attempt at a fart in an elevator where you try to gas out your friends for a laugh and end up just shitting your pants instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                        Well, that's pretty much it for me. This is all fucking garbage. By this time this summer I think I'm out and done.
                        So you're an Armenian now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                          So you're an Armenian now.
                          Make mine...other hobbies!

Comment

GL #50 is still in my nightstand waiting for me to read it. Same with the last two issues of Sinestro. Blah. I'm at a point where I can finally walk away from GL after over 30 years because DC hasn't been trying for years.

I don't see anything getting better with rebirth/relaunch either; it's like a half hearted attempt at a fart in an elevator where you try to gas out your friends for a laugh and end up just shitting your pants instead.
                            Get Johns off the high echelon, he's messing it up. Make Lee go back to being a simple artist again. Rebirth sucks, it's the biggest non-event in comics in years...already it seems the new 52 beats it out, and even that wasn't exactly earth shaking overall.

Actually, just get rid of Johns, I don't even think he's doing JL anymore, and it's the only thing worthwhile he's been doing. Let Marvel deal with him for awhile, they could use a fresh from DC writer. Or two.

Comment

• ^Ethan van Sciver !!! wonderfull!!

Comment

. . . it's like a half hearted attempt at a fart in an elevator where you try to gas out your friends for a laugh and end up just shitting your pants instead.
                                Umm, that has never happened to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X