• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #11 *Preview/Spoilers*

Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #11 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Rafa Sandoval

That cover... >__<

The artist seems pretty deadset on drawing a terrible Soranik Natu for some reason. I've seen a number of individuals who have a problem with his rendering of her. Maybe he isn't aware people don't like it. The editor should tell him about it in that case. It looks like she's playing a large enough role in this series to where a bad design for her and repeated bad renderings are distracting and detrimental.

I've seen people say that editors don't read message boards. I'm sure the people saying that don't know that for sure, but if editors don't, then they should. Social media is pretty much the modern day letters pages. And why the heck would you not want to look at feedback for the products you're producing? What sense would that make?

That said, this cover is better than the one for the last issue, in my opinion. The Kyle Rayner on that one is way weird looking:
    http://media.dcentertainment.com/sit...8.39863137.jpg
    Star-Lantern
    Weaponer of Qward
    Last edited by Star-Lantern; 12-28-2016, 07:32 PM.
    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
      That cover... >__<

The artist seems pretty deadset on drawing a terrible Soranik Natu for some reason. I've seen a number of individuals who have a problem with his rendering of her. Maybe he isn't aware people don't like it. The editor should tell him about it in that case. It looks like she's playing a large enough role in this series to where a bad design for her and repeated bad renderings are distracting and detrimental.

I've seen people say that editors don't read message boards. I'm sure the people saying that don't know that for sure, but if editors don't, then they should. Social media is pretty much the modern day letters pages. And why the heck would you not want to look at feedback for the products you're producing? What sense would that make?

That said, this cover is better than the one for the last issue, in my opinion. The Kyle Rayner on that one is way weird looking:
      http://media.dcentertainment.com/sit...8.39863137.jpg
      Yeah this cover is pretty bad but so are all the other ones that have John on them right?

And yeah Kyle does look pretty jacked in that cover but EVS always gives us a great Hal
      Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
        Yeah this cover is pretty bad but so are all the other ones that have John on them right?

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
          There are a few covers that prominently feature John Stewart that actually stand out to me as being especially awesome.

Also, if that was an attempt to get at me by making a jape about the John Stewart character, it falls flat. Despite having an extensive knowledge about the subject, John Stewart is not really something I'm all that emotionally invested in. Or any of the Green Lantern characters, to tell you the truth. Outside of the Justice League cartoon show, I'm not all that impressed or care much about what has been done with the concept. Ironic that I'm on this forum, I suppose.
          Star-Lantern
          Weaponer of Qward
          Last edited by Star-Lantern; 12-29-2016, 09:42 PM.
          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

I know a lot of people are lukewarm on the emotional spectrum returning to the title but I enjoyed this issue. In fact that this was the first time in quite a while that I actually enjoyed seeing Larfleeze appear in a book.

3/5.

Comment

^Yeah, this is what Larfleeze should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                There are a few covers that prominently feature John Stewart that actually stand out to me as being especially awesome.

Also, if that was an attempt to get at me by making a jape about the John Stewart character, it falls flat. Despite having an extensive knowledge about the subject, John Stewart is not really something I'm all that emotionally invested in. Or any of the Green Lantern characters, to tell you the truth. Outside of the Justice League cartoon show, I'm not all that impressed or care much about what has been done with the concept. Ironic that I'm on this forum, I suppose.
                WHAT?!?!?

I thought John was your boy! Stabbing him in the back now I see!

Comment

Working...
                X