No announcement yet.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #15 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Although it begs the question if the ring could do that, could it outright heal?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
      That was one thing I liked, the reveal that Guy was using his ring to make himself look like a body builder and stay in great shape. In my own head canon, all the human GLs do. Either consciously or subconsciously. It is a great way to explain why all of the human GLs are ripped and jacked beyond belief, even though you could be a fat slob and still be a GL.
      Or the artists' conscious decision to add sex appeal that'd boosts sells. It's kinda backwater to maintain the idea that heroes must be macho like Conan even without exercise or a purpose. Yeah, extra muscles can help in a pinch, so could a gun, and Baz was criticized by Batman for using it, who claimed that a GL only needs his/her ring, i.e., their mental strength.

DC ought to include as much diversity in heroes as with their villains.
      :Gray Lantern the True Neutral:

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        ^Although it begs the question if the ring could do that, could it outright heal?
        I think it healed minor injuries if I remember correctly. Nothing major regrow lost limbs or something on the extreme injury scale.

Comment

Before Kyle became Ion the first time he was in a building explosion the severely burned his back. While you could say he was tapping into more power, it was Hal as the Spectre that told him the ring could heal him. And it did.

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberium View Post
            They've exaggerated Guy's melee ability in the past, such as him battling and winning against Atrocitus. Are they doing that again?

I mean, Guy is one of the most powerful GL, but physically he's still just Human. Arkillos was a monstrous battle priest on his home planet, how does Guy expect to win? How will they make sense of the victory if it happens?
            DC isn't always logical, especially when they see a need to be the opposite. We've seen Hal got toe-to-toe with Kilowog when they're both ringless. No human should be able to budge 'Wog, let alone hold their own with him.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            It has to have some level of healing ability. During Emerald Twilight, Hal only went a few issues between the time he broke his arm until it was perfectly healed. If I had to guess, I'd say a GL ring naturally accelerates the level of healing from the type of wielder it has.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
              ...It has to have some level of healing ability. During Emerald Twilight, Hal only went a few issues between the time he broke his arm until it was perfectly healed. If I had to guess, I'd say a GL ring naturally accelerates the level of healing from the type of wielder it has.
              Yeah, that would make sense. Remember Arisia (in the Bronze Age) was able to aritificially age her body. That suggests the ring could accelerate natural metabolic functions. So, it could speed up healing bruises, cuts, breaks, etc. but not say make a blind man see or cure diseases.

Comment

I'd say it could even cure diseases if there was a known cure, and the ring-wielder knew enough about exactly how the cure worked to will the ring to replicate that process.

Comment

^Yeah, I was thinking that too. The ring could probably replicate a known treatment like the polio vaccine or rabies treatment, but not say cure AIDS in a human.

Comment

I think that was kind of how Soranik used her ring to heal and cure. It was to create an apparatus or analysis, but most of the knowledge to treat it was her own.

I guess that is why Simon is a "miracle worker" , he took his brother out of a coma but the guy obviously had no medical knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                    X