Issue #50 will be Venditti's final one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue #50 will be Venditti's final one

At the very least it'll get a soft reboot. I hope it gets a hard one.
    The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

Comment

Anyway it looks like Green Lantern will get relaunched in September.
      The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

Comment

For me this is bittersweet because while his new 52 was a snorefest, his rebirth work gets better with each issue. Issue 50 I wonder if Par(Hal)lax shows back up for an epic war.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
          For me this is bittersweet because while his new 52 was a snorefest, his rebirth work gets better with each issue. Issue 50 I wonder if Par(Hal)lax shows back up for an epic war.
          I've enjoyed Hal Jordan and the GLC quite a bit (excluding the Controllers arc) so this is definitely not the greatest announcement. Especially losing him to Hawkman. lol

Comment

So has it been announced yet that #50 will be the final issue of HJ&TGLC yet?

I honestly struggle with calling this title volume 6. But I know when the inevitable GL #1 comes out after, we will all retroactively refer to them as volumes 6 and the next one 7.

Comment

They just did

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              So has it been announced yet that #50 will be the final issue of HJ&TGLC yet?

I honestly struggle with calling this title volume 6. But I know when the inevitable GL #1 comes out after, we will all retroactively refer to them as volumes 6 and the next one 7.
              In the solicits, I just wish they would make the announcement of what comes next. No mention of Par(Hal)lax in the solicits though.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                INo mention of Par(Hal)lax in the solicits though.
                Why would there be

Comment

maybe with he leaving he'll Make Kyle Great Again on the last page as a f@ck you DC bosses

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I suspect that Hal is getting moved into the Green Lanterns comic, and that Morrison will write a comic that stars Guy and Kyle.

Maybe he'll write Green Lanterns with Hal, but I think he'd rather write Kyle.

Another possibility is that the two titles will go monthly, and he'll write both.

Let's see whether I'm right.

I would be fine with Guy and Kyle in a comic, as long as the writer doesn't make it the love-fest between those two characters that other writers have depicted. The fact that they're mismatched is a good thing and shouldn't be glossed over.

I think Hal is going into Green Lanterns in an effort to uphold the diversity banner.
                    Trey Strain
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-22-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Oh and Dave -- was this anything I suggested at CBR?

Well, I suggested this:

-- John in Justice League.

-- Guy in a space comic.

-- Kyle in Titans. But if not in Titans, then in a space comic with Guy.

-- Hal in an Earth-based comic.

-- Let Geoff Johns figure out what to do with Baz and Cruz.

Of course I never wanted Baz and Cruz in the same comic as Hal. But that was probably mandated from above. So if Hal's comic is set on Earth, then I called for everything they're doing, except with Baz and Cruz.

Comment

Well lets just hope you're wrong Spy.

What Will Hal Jordan Discover About the Future of the DC Multiverse? [Spoilers]
                        https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...erse-spoilers/

Comment

So, apart from John being in Justice League is any of that stuff confirmed? (Though I suppose that since Kyle and Guy are ALREADY in a space comic, them continuing to be in one isn't unlikely...or a very amazing prediction.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            So, apart from John being in Justice League is any of that stuff confirmed? (Though I suppose that since Kyle and Guy are ALREADY in a space comic, them continuing to be in one isn't unlikely...or a very amazing prediction.)
                            That's the only thing that's been confirmed. And Guy and Kyle starring in a space comic is a very different animal from Hal, John, Guy and Kyle starring in a space comic.

I hope they don't call the space comic The Green Lantern Corps. That name seems to connote a B title for some people, and they apparently refuse to buy it.

Comment

Guy is the one character of the 4 real GLs that really works best being tied to another one of them in a buddy cop theme. He is the most colorful. That also makes it harder for him to exist on his own as a solo character, but I tend to forgive that because he works well with any combination of GL teamups.

Comment

Working...
                              X