American Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Vampire

American Vampire is a new Vertigo ongoing series from Scott Snyder and Stephen King, with art by Rafael Albuquerque. Yes, this is King's first attempt at producing new material solely for comics.

The first issue comes out this week.

American Vampire #1

Written by SCOTT SNYDER and STEPHEN KING

Art and Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

Witness the birth of a brand new species of vampire in this new ongoing series that begins with five extra-sized issues featuring back-to-back stories by exciting new writer Scott Snyder and the master of horror himself, Stephen King! When notorious outlaw Skinner Sweet is attacked by an old enemy (who happens to be a member of the undead), the first American vampire is born... a vampire powered by the sun, stronger, fiercer, and meaner than anything that came before. Plus... Pearl Jones is a struggling young actress in 1920s Los Angeles. But when her big break brings her face-to-face with an ancient evil, her Hollywood dream quickly turns into a brutal, shocking nightmare.

Vertigo 40pg.$3.99 Mature Readers
    The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

American Vampire #2

Written by SCOTT SNYDER AND STEPHEN KING

Art and cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

It's been nearly 20 years since notorious outlaw Skinner Sweet was buried on boot hill. But when a group of grave-robbing collectors of Western memorabilia uncover his final resting place, they find much, much more than they bargained for. And: Pearl Jones was attacked and left for dead by a cabal of powerful Hollywood vampires. Now, a mysterious stranger comes calling and Pearl gets a second chance at life - and at revenge.

Vertigo 40pg. $3.99 Mature Readers On Sale April 21, 2010

American Vampire #3

Written by SCOTT SNYDER and STEPHEN KING

Art and cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

The era of the American vampire officially begins as Pearl Jones declares war on the powerful coven of vampires that ended her life, and Skinner Sweet declares war on, well, everyone! Scores will be settled in blood in this installment, the third of five over-sized issues featuring stories by author Scott Snyder and the master of horror himself, Stephen King.

Vertigo 40pg. $3.99 Mature Readers On Sale May 19, 2010

Comment

I asked Jim Lee about working on the cover of this amazing new series and here’s what he had to say:

“One of the unique challenges of contributing a cover to a brand spanking new series with original, never seen before characters is obviously not knowing who the characters are: how they act, the way they hold themselves, the forces that shaped their personal histories. Luckily for me, American Vampire’s artist-Rafael Albuquerque-made it a non-issue. From just a single illustration, I could see the world he was creating, and it made drawing Pearl and Skinner for this alternate cover both a breeze and a hella lot of fun. The drawings are that good.

The fact there are words to accompany the pictures is pure gravy. Speaking as a fan, I can’t wait to read what Scott Snyder and Stephen King have come up with. They have a lot to live up to ” –Jim Lee

And here’s what the one and only Stephen King had to say about Jim’s cover:

“That’s one of the best comic mag covers I’ve seen since the days of my misspent youth, when I haunted the newsstands in Brunswick, Maine each month for the new Creepy or Eerie. Kudos to Mr. Lee.” –Stephen King

Comment

I would have gotten this if either:

1. It was $1.

2. King was on the book long term.

Comment

Originally posted by metalliccorps View Post
          I would have gotten this if either:

1. It was $1.

2. King was on the book long term.
          1. It's oversized.

2. I think he is. I really don't want to dig through interviews and such, but I think he's on for at least a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
            1. It's oversized.

2. I think he is. I really don't want to dig through interviews and such, but I think he's on for at least a year or so.
            I don't know the specific interview, but I believe it said he was only on for the first arc. I'll try to find it.

Comment

I don't know the specific interview, but I believe it said he was only on for the first arc. I'll try to find it.
              Fine, but still, it's an oversized comic, and it's Stephen King's first!

Plus, everything else seems good. Maybe the eventual preview will sell you.

Comment

I was obviously over the moon about that. I asked him if he was serious and he said, "Sure". I told Vertigo about that and they, of course, were all ears. I went back to Steve and he basically signed on to do a couple issues.
                - Scott Snyder with IGN.

Comment

- Scott Snyder with IGN.
                  Well, there's that other mysterious interview I read that contradicts it, and, for all we know, the actual future could contradict us all!

The point is, you should buy American Vampire.

Comment

...at least for the first arc.

Comment

I'll check out the first issue.

Comment

Possibly three other people reading? Move over Blackest Night!

Comment

American Vampire #1 PREVIEW

Comment

Stephen King Interview

American Vampire Trailer

Comment

Looks good. I will be picking this up
                              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X