A Lantern ring or a Star Rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Lantern ring or a Star Rod?

I got this idea from watching Justice League Unlimited. It was the episode Crisis at the Earth's Core. Anyways, I was watching a battlescene with GL and Stargirl, and it got me thinking, "Who's weapon is more powerful?" So, I decided to ask you guys. Tell me who think wields more power. GL with his ring, or any hero who wields a cosmic staff, known as the Star Rod?
    A Lantern's ring
    100.00%
    The Star Rod
    0.00%
    Too close to call...
    0.00%

it's gotta be the ring

the ring is definitely more versatile, as Kyle has used it to hold a supernova in place before, but the Star Rod / Staff / Wand, whichever incarnation of the weapon you're using, doesn't have that kind of power...

it's blast power is effective, but i've seen GL shields hold upto it before

M

Comment

You're trying to get your post count up aren't you? Asking all these obvious questions

Well, "The MOST POWERFUL weapon in the Universe" generally means its the most powerful weapon in the Universe.
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Not cool, Mav. Definately not cool. I mean, it's an honest question. I mean, what happens when the ring runs outta juice, eh?

Comment

same thing that happens to the Star Rod / Staff / Wand... oh fuck it, it's called the Quavart originally lol

Same thing that happens to the Quavart when it runs out of juice

M

Comment

I didn't know it ran out of juice.

Comment

yup...

all 3 incarnations have had "access pannels" that open to allow the user to recharge it...

i know the Staff has been charged by a combination of Black Lightning's 'electricity bursts' and Powergirl's 'Heatvision' before, so it can accept a wide variety of energy... but i digress, yes, it does run out of juice like any other weapon.

M

Comment

Without a doubt it is the Ring.

Comment

....... are you freaking kidding me? OF COURSE IT'S THE RING!

HELLO?! MOST POWERFUL WEAPON IN THE UNIVERSE MUCH!?!??!?!

Comment

a GL ring is harder to lose then a Star Rod, so i vote for the GL ring

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

No question the ring first you could easily lose a staff in combat a ring not so much. The rings only real limit is your imagination and can make any shape or form while the staff to my knowledge only shoots out light

Comment

I thought the star rod worked a little too much like a GL ring. I have trouble telling the difference in abilities between the two. Can the star rod help its user fly through space and to other planets like a GL ring?

Comment

Flight yes...

the original Gravity Rod of the original Starman could negate gravity, and all later versions have been able to, but i'm not sure about space travel as it's never been shown to create artificial atmospheres for the user...

this was shown quite recently when the Staff couldn't help the current Starman breathe underwater, whether this was just his ineptitude at using the staff is unknown though

M

Comment

So the star rod just dosen't have an AI with info for things like life support and such.

Comment

Pretty much... it can't create constructs either...

M

Comment

Working...
                              X